PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Slaming Trash

christopher
06-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Myself and another LRO member went up to Little river last weekend to do a little Fly-fishing. Didnt do very well that day. I think maybe I wasnt paying attn. to my fly because all I seen was TRASH in the river (beer cans, and more beer cans). Tried to pick up some but time was a factor. I wouldnt be aposed to some of us fisherman to take a few hours ,pick a section of river and try to clean up a little. Yall just pick a time one weekend IF any takers. Since the water level is so low. Maybe easier to do. If not I know I will next im there.I think its the first time it really set in how bad its getting. Sorry to keep on typing, but it really about made me sick. Remember the Indian commercial with his tear?

ttas67
06-14-2007, 12:15 AM
right on, it is getting bad out there. I constantly find toilet paper, diapers and beer cans.

jdwindon
06-14-2007, 06:49 AM
If you get out at the picnic tables in Walland you'll see that the lack of trash cans has NOT slowed the picnicker's down a bit. They simply put their garbage where the trash cans USED to be. Then they use the path along the river for various bodily functions as well as overflow for the invisible trash cans. The river itself is full of discarded cans, etc as mentioned before. I take out what little I can but it seems overwhelming. Perhaps law enforcement could target the litterbugs rather than the speeders for a week or two. Both are an issue but the speeders come and go.

jgduckhunter
06-14-2007, 10:46 PM
i have two girls plus myself who would gladly come in for a weekend. we haven't fished east tn yet this year but anything to clean up what i gladly consider my home water i'm in for.