PDA

View Full Version : Lynn Camp

Sivad
06-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Good day to all. Thanks LRO for all the info and flies yesterday. I hiked up to the panther creek trail head and had a good day. I started with the Green Weenie and caught a couple in the first hour. I met a guy on the trail that was catching trout on a prarachute adams. He lost all of his adams and switched to royal huff? and still caught fish. So I swichted to a parachute adams and caught my first smoky mountian trout on a dry fly. It was unbeliveable to see how aggressive the hits were on the dry fly. What a pretty section of water up that high. The water was low and I spooked many fish. Thanks agian LRO for the info.

I met a guy named Todd and we hiked backed and talked about the closing of this section of water to become a brook stream. When are the dates that the proccess is going to begin? I love this section of water and want to make sure I fish it as much as I can before it is closed.

Thanks

Patrick

Kevin_Thomas
06-15-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure about the dates, but I'm pretty sure its next year. I've not been up there this year. I took the advanced nymphing class with Mr Hartsell and now I'm chasing browns all over the east prong. Next month I'll head up there. I figure I'll fish the lower stuff until the temps force me higher...

ijsouth
06-16-2007, 12:32 AM
I saw the rough timetable somewhere - it might have been in a newsletter from the LR Chapter of TU; no specific dates, but about this time next year, there will probably be "open season" on that stretch - all trout caught must be kept and checked in at a station. Then, next Fall, the stream will be poisioned, and in the Spring of 2009, brook trout will be released.