PDA

View Full Version : best book on yellowstone

ttas67
06-15-2007, 12:27 PM
going to yellowstone in august, need to buy a book on fly fishing yellowstone to go ahead and start studying and making plans, etc. can anyone recommend a really good book on yellowstone fly fishing?

justfishing
06-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Trevor,

Amazon.com has a bunch, but the one that has been the most informative to me is;

The Yellowstone Fly-Fishing Guide, by Craig Mathews.

Make sure to get a map too.

Good luck,

Justfishing
<'))))><

lauxier
06-15-2007, 07:53 PM
i second the recommendation for the matthews book on fishing yellowstone-even better is his award winning DVD-his shop,blue ribbon flies is in West Yellowstone---turn left at Madison Junction--go about 14 miles and you are there--it is worth the trip--you'll meet the whole bunch--all flies are hand tied by Craig and friends in wintertime---it is a really neat place--very fisherman'ny.West Yellowstone is a clean beautiful little town---If you are hungry when you get there--try the Timberline Cafe

David Knapp
06-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Trevor, I have the Craig Matthews book. If you want to borrow it you're welcome to...

ttas67
06-16-2007, 02:38 AM
ok, that answers that question, I'll get the matthews book and make sure and use a little z-lon on all my flies. I was actually leaning towards his book anyway. I really like their site. I am hoping to make a trip to his shop as well while I'm out there.

pa-thanks for the offer, I'll probably just buy it. if there's one thing I love as much as fly fishing, it's books. I've already got me a small library going on over here.