PDA

View Full Version : Cow standing factor?

Kodak
06-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I am sure you have explained this before, but what the heck is the "Cow standing factor"?

Jim

ttas67
06-17-2007, 11:43 PM
there's some old time saying about if the cows are standing, the fish will be biting. so everyday byron observes the cows that can be seen from the shop, tallies up how many are standing and comes up with a percentage. it's sort of a joke, but I think it really works.

Gerry Romer
06-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Second that!

sammcdonald
06-18-2007, 09:08 PM
what is the factor for cow tipping??? if, perhaps, i tip 3 cows...is the fishing good?

Realtyman
06-18-2007, 09:18 PM
My dad had to explain it to me as he grew up on a farm and all. The way it was told to me from my dad that was told to him by his dad is: when the birds are chirping and the squirrels are playing and the cattle are grazing it's time to quit working in the field and go fishing.

To take it even further. We have started paying attention to which side of the river the cows are standing on and fish accordingly! On one side they may be bedded down and on the other they are feeding. Works every time!:biggrin:

Gerry Romer
06-18-2007, 09:42 PM
what is the factor for cow tipping??? if, perhaps, i tip 3 cows...is the fishing good?

Now let's think this one out...

If you was to go about tippin' cows, then them cows wouldn't be standin' when you was done with 'em, now would they?! And if they ain't standin', the fishin' kinda su***. :eek:

So if you really was to go around tippin' cows, you'd be screwin' up everybody's fishin' and we'd have to come lookin' for ya :cool:

Gerry

stuart
06-20-2007, 04:21 PM
So... If I were to see a field full of cows laying close to the river should I do something like run my blazer through the field to get them up? Joking! I have always heard that myself, and it kinda may be true in my eyes.

STU