PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report _late

Midgeman
06-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Well, I am safely back in the great, or at least alright state of Oklahoma after visiting your neck of the woods for a week. Although the touristy parts of pigeon forge left much to be afraid of in my book, the rest of my stay was absolutely wonderful. I was able to get to LRO to get some supplies and fell in love with that shop. I was going to be teaching my brother in law and my wife's cousin. So they needed to get set up as well and that staff there was very helpful. I needed some new wading boots and got those there as well. Great place.

So our first morning on the little river was interesting to say the least. we got there around 7AM and my brother in law was blessed with the first fish of the day, a four inch 'bow, caught on a PTN. I, myself, didn't fair as well on that section. But I did have a great time watchting thme and taking pictures for their wives.

We then went up to trail leading up to panther trail. I can't recall the name. I had tied up two bright yellow parachute dries early that morning and tied one on. I climbed down to the stream and cast out to a pool under a waterfall and caught several 4" bows. We progressed up stream for most of the day, ending a bit above the Panther Creek turnoff. In all I caught 6 small trout.

That was the toughest fishing I have ever done. But it was absolutely beautiful country. Iwouldn't have cared if I didn't catch athing. Great time.

jdwindon
06-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Glad to hear you saw more than just fish and appreciate the beauty here.

I just "inherited" Oklahoma as part of the territory I travel to. Any good fly fishing there? I'll stay around Tulsa in Broken Arrow in about 6 weeks, for a week.

Paula Begley
06-20-2007, 08:02 AM
jdwindon

Sorry...I was removing your duplicate post and got them both, somehow.

Paula

jdwindon
06-20-2007, 06:15 PM
I have a business trip to Tulsa/Broken Arrow coming up. Any good fly fishing in those parts? Any old fish will do, no need for trout (unless there are some!).

Anewman
06-20-2007, 06:17 PM
We're all a little afraid of the the pigeon.

Midgeman
06-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Jwindon,

Oddly enough, there are some great places to fish in Oklahoma that are within a short drive from Tulsa. I fish the lower illinois alot and have caught some nice 'bows there (19" plus). When you are in town, let me know and we can meet up and hit the river if you have the time. I tried to send you a PM but it says that they are disabled.

When are you going to be in town? I live just a few miles north of tulsa. I will look forward to meeting up. If you tie your own flies, make sure to bring plenty of tungsten zebra midges (black and brown), size 16-18. They are killer down here. I also have a lot of luck this time of year with prince nymphs and the like.