PDA

View Full Version : This is off topic but please read...

MTN_TRT
06-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Ok so Byron and Paula I know this really shouldnt be on the board, but I need some help...I know you guys and girls have been around the block for a while so here we go:

Ok so my girlfriend, she has a boyfriend but hes in Texas. He is in the Airforce. I kind of slipped in to the the "at home" boyfriend. Well I noticed that I have been on hold for like a week or so. No problem to me b/c Ive been fishing :). Now, we never said that we were boy and girl or that we were dating, it was just assumed by both of us and we went along with it.

But ive been on hold, I try calling her and shes on the phone w/ him or when I email i dont get a reply. I told her i would take her to the movies, i had 40bucks and a full tank of gas. She just kinda put it off. So finally I asked her, "What the **** is going on?"
Well she met some guy at Kmart about a month ago and she really likes him. But I am her best friend :mad: and she still needs me. There is this BIG mess and its Texas, Kmart, and her. I said I want no part of this *&#$!

I went fishing today and she tracked me down. Gave me this long hug and said she missed me.
BUT I take horse lessons on Wed. And today there was this girl who just moved from Arkansas and shes my age and she is ...can i say it? HOTT:biggrin: !!!!!

So my question is what do yall think (Im seriously losing my mind) and why are girls so bad?
**Im sorry but I had to post this to get some answers. Yall are the only others I have to turn to.

mmorgan135
06-20-2007, 10:46 PM
If it was me I'd stop putting up with the old girlfriend and just move on. Youll realize that when you find the right one this kind of stuff that you are talking about just isnt there, but you will only find that if you move on. Might be hard but it'll be alright. just my personal experience that the ones worth staying around dont have this other drama.

flyman
06-20-2007, 11:28 PM
MTN_TRT,
I don't know how to break this to you, but she has been calling me to;)

Woody
06-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Dude don't be stupid, stop wasting your time. Move on to the hotty from Arkansas. Your being used as an emotional friend. Your not her boy friend your nothing but a "stand in" untill Texas comes home or something better comes along. Wise up.

Rog 1
06-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Do we need to start an advice column along the lines of "Dear Brookie"?

RNGIII
06-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Do we need to start an advice column along the lines of "Dear Brookie"?

LOL!! I love it.

I'd agree with what has been said. Move on, lick your wounds and get with someone who respects you. I guarantee that when you start slipping away she'll try to latch on harder than a leech. Be bigger than that and keep your focus on other things, like that new girl or fishin'.

Paula Begley
06-21-2007, 09:30 AM
This is so far off-topic, I don't know what to say. :smile:

Moved to message board forum.

Paula

Gerry Romer
06-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Kinda makes a good case for Speed Dating, don't y'all think?

I'd give the first one a book of the new postage stamps so she can fill all those empty hours writing Texas... and then I'd increase the horseback riding to about 6 days a week!

Can't wait for Paula's take on this one!

Gerry

rainshaker
06-21-2007, 11:32 AM
...And all I intended to do (while at work) was read today's fishing report

MTN_TRT,

...Run like a thoroughbred back to the stables.

Byron Begley
06-21-2007, 01:25 PM
MTN_TRT,

I would stay away from girlfriend #1. She has too many conflicts for a guy like you. You don't need that. You deserve better. I would hang around the barn during the middle of the day when the fishing is slow and get to know the HOT girl from Arkansas. Maybe her parents have a home on the White River.

Byron

Paula Begley
06-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Okay, first MTN TRT, ditch girlfriend 1. Bad News. Leave her in the dust.

Second, this board is not Dear Abby or Ask Emily or whatever. :rolleyes:

Third, since I have left this thread up...cause we love MTN TRT, and we want to help him, I don't want ANY complaints if Gerry Romer and I talk about Top Chef in asides. :biggrin:

Paula;)

Stonefly
06-21-2007, 06:14 PM
I haven't laughed this much all day. Thanks.

sb

FLYFSN
06-21-2007, 08:25 PM
MTN_TRT,

I would stay away from girlfriend #1. She has too many conflicts for a guy like you. You don't need that. You deserve better. I would hang around the barn during the middle of the day when the fishing is slow and get to know the HOT girl from Arkansas. Maybe her parents have a home on the White River.

ByronThe old saying is don't mess with Texas. I don't think they have trout any way, now Arkansas has big bows an browns. Just go fishin to clear your head.

MTN_TRT
06-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Ms. Paula allow me to apologize for disgracing the LRO Message Board...:frown:

I just thought maybe you would help me through something. Yall did!! Ok so heres the deal:
I told her two is company and three's a crowd. I got no dog in their fight. If she wants me for anything she knows my email. I also told her about Ms. Arkansas. :cool: And uh....Im trying to get a job around the barn over there (she kinda helps there at the stables)

Just what yall said...but that is coming from a bunch of guys....flyfishermen at that ;) . Then Paula (the opinion I was really wanting) sealed it for me. Ill have to repay yall somehow...hey guys maybe Ill send ya a pic from the White River!!! :biggrin:

But no one answered my second question: why are girls so weird? I though trout were hard to figure out (Ms. Paula a little help here!) I promise Ill try not to ask questions like this anymore, but come on, yall have been 17 at one time.
Thanks.

Paula Begley
06-21-2007, 09:55 PM
But no one answered my second question: why are girls so weird? I though trout were hard to figure out (Ms. Paula a little help here!)I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about! :biggrin:

Besides, if I told you, I would have to kill you. ;)

Okay...here's a shot at it.

Boys are from Mars, Girls are from Venus.
Some people are just weird, regardless of gender.
Most people look out for number 1 (not the girlfriend 1, themselves)
Life and relationships are a mystery that unfold daily... and it was the butler in the parlor with the wrench. :eek:

Now, I can say no more...I have a relationship book to write! :biggrin:

Paula

Fishermansfly
06-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Flyman! Well lets just say, PRICELESS! Speaking of "Priceless"

Long nights at work+depression+anger+empty wallet=Women!:) PAULA

Freedom+bachelor pad+dining room table covered in fly tying material+rod's and fishing equipment in everyroom without complaint=SINGLE!!!!

There and I even feel good after the derogatory equasion towards women, bringing an "Off" topic back to base! Fishing!

Seriously though, absolutely hilarious! I think everyone out there needed the laugh....and were laughing with you not at you brother! We've all been there, and I now why the question was directed in Paula's direction....and no it has nothing to do with her gardening skills;). You should have really directed this question in Byron's corner...After all he hung the moon with a woman who eats, sleeps, and breathes fishing! You don't have me fooled MTNMAN! :) We love you Paula! Byron you smart devil you!

I've got to admit though my wife might complain about the dinning room table but I've managed to Trump it with her summer time flip flop purchases that I wind up tripping over scattered throughout the floor! She even buys em' for my daughter, which makes navigating the house at night deadly! To ramble a little farther. We were sitting a puppy for a few days for my sister.....Lets just say I encouraged the little guy that chewing on some foam, was great fun and a natural part of every dogs diet! I even left the mess for the wife to find!!!! I'm so mean sometimes! I think everyone at the shop would agree I've managed to find a good one that allows me to spend our money and our time doing something I love! I'm very passionate about this sport anymore!
It's a disease and some prep work to prepare her for this might be in order!

I'm still laughing over Flymans comment! Where did you come up with that!

Go with Arkansas, Give report, and finally post pictures! Oh, I almost forgot post pictures with Mrs. Arkansas! PRICELESS!

MTN_TRT
06-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Fishermansfly,
You're right. I should have directed the second question to Mr. Byron. (Sorry Byron.) He could give a good insight. See, Byron is the only one I have met face to face. He knows how good looking I really am!

Paula,
Thank you for your explanation. Ill stick to fishing and chasing girls during the hot part of the day. I also cant forget my dog, Molly. Shes the real woman in my life.

In the meantime, I have a little country girl from the Midwest to snag. Ill let yall know how that goes....I promise no more drama!

Thanks again!

Paula Begley
06-22-2007, 02:18 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/psbegley/307celebration7.jpg

:biggrin:

Paula

ijsouth
06-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, all I can say is - I'm the only man (not counting one cat) in my house...even my dog is female - so I've given up trying to figure them out a long time ago.

...and now to paraphrase Monty Python: And now for something completely different...

On our way up in (hopefully) half an hour....just can't get enough of those trout.

Byron Begley
06-23-2007, 01:17 PM
MTN_TRT,

I meant to give you some good advice and forgot. Take Molly along with you everywhere you go. A nice beautiful dog like her is a "Babe Magnet" not that you need any more help. I like using Molly's picture on the header of this message board. I think she was on here yesterday.

Byron

MTN_TRT
06-24-2007, 08:17 PM
So I havent emailed her since thursday. She broke down first!! HAHA! But anyway....

I have a big trip on the SoHo Tuesday and horse lessons Wednesday. So I figure something good is bound to happen between the two!

I just want to thank everyone who posted on this. Even yall who just laughed...im glad I made your day go a little smoother. I recieved some excellent advice, and Ill keep it forever. Thanks to yall Im gonna gather some confidence and get Ms. Arkanasas's number wednesday.
I have also been talking to some girls that are home for the summer from....COLLEGE! Darn, I should have graduated highschool early.

Maybe we need and "Ask Paula" board. Ya know, relationship advice, gardening tips...:smile: . Just a thought. And I promise ill never complain about "Top Chef" posts or any other reality show. Next time Im down your way, Ill stop by LRO. I believe I owe each and every one of you a firm hand shake and a picture of a pretty country girl!!! (Shes not blonde though...I always liked darker anyway! :biggrin: )

Ok, back to fishing!

Paula Begley
06-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Maybe we need and "Ask Paula" board. Ya know, relationship advice, gardening tips...:smile: . Just a thought

No. Just.No. :p

Paula

fishlicker
07-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Not tryin to plug our little message board, but we have a guru over at our little site that answers questions about trout, love, life, taxes, and has advice on all manner of problems. His name is Hamster, and even if he doesn't have a good answer, you'll probably at least get some comic relief!

http://blueridgetroutbums.forumco.com/forum~FORUM_ID~22.asp

i hope the link works. and good luck with the new girl. ( I agree, it sounds like you're being used. and my problem was that i never saw it until after i broke up with the user and looked back - you know, hindsight is 20/20 and all that)