PDA

View Full Version : Flies 4 July

Kentucky Kid
06-25-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm planning a trip with my dad and younger brother to fly fish the park. We would love to catch brookies browns and bows. We'll be there for 4 days and need all the help we can get. We really need any info u can give us like where 2 fish and what 2 fish 4 each species. I really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Rog 1
06-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Your best bet is to keep reading the fishing report on this board and look at what Byron recommends...this is usually based on first hand reports from fisherman coming into the store....standards are P. Adams, Green Weenie, Ants, EHC, small Stimulators and the standard nymphs...BHPT, Tellico and the like....good luck and let us know how you do.

sammcdonald
06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
July 4th is a free fishing day in the park. no license required that day but all regs are in effect.

golfballs03
06-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Definitely stop by LRO.

Friday afternoon was the first time I've fished the park in about a year. I went into LRO on my way up for some pointers and flies. They set me up and pointed me in the right direction.

I caught about 20 fish that afternoon. Most of them were small but at the end of the day I did catch two fish that were 9 and 11 inches.

They know their stuff.

russ
06-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Find a stream that has a big watershed ( a lot of blue lines running into it from uphill) with a trail running beside it. Get on the trail no later than 6:00 AM, hike for an hour or until you are at 3,000 feet of elevation and start fishing with a yellow stimulator size 16. If you're being stealthy and can keep your fly out of the trees then you'll catch brookies and rainbows.