PDA

View Full Version : Would like some help

WHFATS
06-28-2007, 12:11 PM
I will be comming into Townsend saturday through Thursday. Can anyone help a brother out, looking for a chance to catch some trout, or any species,
I will be fly fishing, my 11 year old daughter will be using a spinning rod. What should she use, and myself. I will be willing to hike as well as she, whatever it takes. Thanks for any info, looking forward to this trip!!!!!!

Vern
06-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Your best bet is to stop by LRO and get the latest FF info. But your 11yr old would have a blast fishing the children streams in Gatlinburg. They are stockers and they stock the stream very heavy in the children streams. Rooster tails (single hooks only) and a little plastic bait called the trout magnet work well. LRO stock both I believe. Plus out of the park you can use worms or other bait.

Rog 1
06-28-2007, 02:37 PM
The trout magnet....also sold at Wally World.....either color will work....put a split shot 10-12" above the hook and have your daughter cast it up and across any of the plunge pools....retrieve just enough line to keep the line tight....this method will also work with a green weenie, tellico or prince nymph...take a right just over the Wye from Townsend and walk up along W. Prong....good chance she will get something in there.