PDA

View Full Version : New to forum and TN

Tex24
07-03-2007, 11:43 AM
My wife and I are moving to Knoxville at the end of July, and I am looking forward to Tenn fishing. I have enjoyed these forums and have picked up some great information. My family and I lived in Montana for a while, so my fly-fishing experience is limited to the Rockies. I want to fish a bit in Tenn in August. I was wondering what rivers are best during August and without a boat. I do not have a boat, so I wanted to avoid rivers best fished with a boat. I look forward to stopping by LRO as soon as possible.

David Knapp
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Welcome aboard and good luck on the upcoming move to TN. You'll love it here! As far as good rivers to fish, if I lived in Knoxville I'd head up to the South Holston and Watauga as much as possible. The Clinch is close and is another good option. Just be sure to check the generation schedules... Once the water in the mountains cools a bit and we get some rain to get the level up, the streams in the Smokies should be good. Plan on some phenomenal fishing in September into October in the park...

ijsouth
07-03-2007, 01:54 PM
If you start fishing the park, learn how to cast sidearm - the trees like to eat flies, 3 meals a day plus snacks.

Tex24
07-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the advice. I can't wait to be there.

Paula Begley
07-11-2007, 02:15 PM
We look forward to having you in the area.

Welcome to the board!

Paula