PDA

View Full Version : I've got the fever...the fever to flyfish.

ahuddleston
07-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Hey guys my name is Andy Huddleston and I have just signed up this wonderful fourth of July to become a memeber of this forum. I have dabbled in flyfishing the last year or so, but have recently "caught the fever"... I can not get enough of this sport. I am 19 and recently finished my freshamn year at UT, prior to that i did sports and never had enough time... but now i have lots of it and flyfishing is vastly becoming my first hobby. I really was blessed this past year at school to have found some awesome people who both mentored me in life, the smoky mountains, and the art of flyfishing. However, everytime I have been outside of the somkies three things happen. 1) I am not confident 2) I never catch fish 3) I have no idea what I am doing it seems like a whole different ball game to me, fishing in the park and fishing say on the clinch. I would love to begin learning how to fish tailwaters also and would love any advice on generation, on what flies to use, on when there will be some hatches (and what kind), places to go within about a two hour range from Knoxville (that's where I live specifically though the Clinch) and again i would love any information about anything that has to do with tailwaters, i have told myself for a while now (about a year)...Once I catch a fish on a tailwater (a decent sized one i hope), then i will begin fly tying... i am sad to say i still have not picked up this part of the sport yet, but i hope to soon, with the help of all you guys...Thanks for any information that you can offer!

LROjunky
07-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Andy,

Me and I friend will be fishing this Sunday from Elkmont down to Townsend if you want to join us. Private message me jimabbott@charter.net.

Paula Begley
08-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Welcome to the board, ahuddleston! July 4th? Gosh, I am behind! :smile:

Paula