PDA

View Full Version : Trout fishing in East TN

guerojefe
07-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey there:

We just moved to East TN (Maryville) last year and I have been trying to get to know the trout fishing spots. I have really only fished the Park, mostly at Tremont and Elkmont.

Any other suggestions for mountain streams and especially tailwaters where I can wade? I've been to the Clinch but haven't yet fished it. I've heard a lot about the Hiwassee, S. Holston, Watauga but am pretty ignorant about how to get to these rivers except where they are generally located on the map. The streams in the Park have been really slow lately due to the drought--wonder if fishing pressure also is a factor....

Thanks in advance.

MtnMike
07-08-2007, 10:51 PM
I'll have to say that if I lived in Maryville, I could probably spend my time on Little River, Tremont, and Abrams Creek and be completely satisfied. However, if you want to try the tailwaters, I would think the Clinch and the Holston below Cherokee Lake would be the 2 most logically choices. With that said, it is definitely worth the drive to fish the South Holston and the Watagu. I don't know anything about the Clinch or the Holston. But if you want to fish South Holston or Watagu you can find access by just driving alongside the rivers and the places of public access are pretty obvious.

Mike