PDA

View Full Version : speaking of mtn piranha

ttas67
07-09-2007, 01:02 AM
a few weeks ago, I was at metcalf bottoms, and one of the wooden posts by the bridge had a small, laminated card nailed to it that said something along the lines of "use extreme caution around water, mountain piranha are present in this water. now I know the whole things a joke, but it looked very official, and even had some kind of national park style logo on it. upon further inspection, I found that it was a card stuck in one of those clear plastic baseball card protectors. whoever made that up did a really good job of making it look like something posted by the park service. I wonder who did it, it has to be a fellow fly fisherman, maybe one of you from this board.

mtnman2888
07-09-2007, 05:24 AM
Haha that's great. That is one of those things that i wish i would have thought of first! Should have taken a picture, i would have liked to seen it.

The real question is: I wonder how many tubers saw that and changed their plans?

Craig

sammcdonald
07-09-2007, 04:46 PM
those signs have also been noted at the wye, elkmont, tremont, cades cove, smokemont, catalooch, greenbriar and other areas which often experience vinyl hatches.

ttas67
07-10-2007, 01:09 AM
whoever had their hands in it, hats off to 'ya! **cough.. sam .. cough**

sammcdonald
07-11-2007, 01:22 PM
not me...not with where i work....but, i did see one sign right on the pole by the river gauge Byron looks at every morning (next to the little metal building).

Jack M.
07-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Those signs sound like litter to me; better turn suspicion on a "touron."

ttas67
07-12-2007, 12:04 AM
I have nothing against them. they look pretty good, and add a little character to the park. they're very small (the size of a baseball card) and you wouldn't notice one unless you just happen to look.