PDA

View Full Version : get your alabama flying ants......

DALEFISH
07-09-2007, 07:47 AM
went to the sipsey sunday afternoon for a little stress relief and to wade some cool water and the ants are here in full force.i was not prepared as i have been fishing for warmwater fins lately and havent got to do any tying for trout.they were keyed in on the winged ants about size about 18 or 20.i caught 1,had 4 or 5 pull off and missed a few on small underwater offerings but turned the stress loose so i guess it was a good afternoon after all.saw 3 big stripe(15 to 20lbs) cruse by,that was neat.i dont ever seem to have the 8wt. with me when i need it.that would have been fun in shallow water.guess its time to do a lot of tying as i am about out of ant time flies.
dalefish

Plunker
07-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the ants... Sorry you didn't have a more productive day. I was last up 4 weeks ago, and the FLEET was in munching on a prolific midge hatch...of course we fished with some black/gray/and silver #18 gnats and mosquitos (lost the only two midges I had with me), and they must have been myopic...come to think of it they were the right color ...just slightly the wrong shape...and no crunch when you eat them:biggrin: