PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie here...

fishNlady
07-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi everybody,

My husband and I are both new to fly fishing after fishing with spin and baitcast for bass for years. We moved up here from Louisiana 16 years ago. Mostly fished for largemouth and catfish down there. Up here it's been smallies and walleyes mostly. But now since we started fly fishing all I can say is WOW! I wish I had done this years ago! We both just Love it! Our experience so far has mostly been practicing casting at Greenbrier and we have not hooked that first fish on a fly yet but hopefully as our skills improve we will get that memorable first one soon. I'm so glad to have found this forum and I know we will learn a lot!

:smile:

Paula Begley
07-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Hey fishNlady! Great to have another gal around! :smile:

Welcome to the board!

Paula

ahuddleston
07-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Here is some positive encouragment...it took me forever to finally land that first trout. I thought my rod was cursed, because only bad things happened when i used it (like breaking it). But keep it up that fish will come along soon enough, but the smokies are beautiful even when no fish are caught. Welcome to the forum!
-Ahudd

David Knapp
07-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Welcome! Stick with it, you'll get that first fish soon. Just be warned that once you catch one you won't be able to quit...;)

fishNlady
07-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome! We were suppose to be fishing this morning but my husbands job had other ideas. :( Oh well...there is always tomorrow! ;)

Maybe we will run into some of you on the water some day. We've been talking about going and fishing some on Little River one day soon.