PDA

View Full Version : July 22-24 Pigeon Forge trip

stuart
07-13-2007, 11:30 PM
I am going to be down last of July want to catch a fish while there I am there. I will be staying near Light #3 in Pigeon Forge. Where should I go? I want a close trip to do before the family gets up and starts to stir. I would take bass or trout either one. I have thought about the section between PF and Gatlinburg or the Pigeon river around town of PF. I just don't know where to park to access in PF without trespassing. If you can give me some help here I haven't ever fished down there. Oh ya and what kinda flies for trout and bass? I know this is a broad request but I am dying to fish while there so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

STU

stuart
07-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Bump! Just thought someone may have some help.

STU

Troutman
07-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Stuart, The West Prong Little Pigeon in PF all the way to G-burg is extremely low and there may still be anti-wading/ no water contact signs in effect (E-coli). The lower river in Sevierville is choked also with an Algea bloom. I suggest going on into the park early (on the water at daylight) and fishing till about 9-9:30. The LR is close also if you hit the bypass around g-burg and cut over to Elkmont area.
Check the daily report for suggested flies, Adams, yellow stimies, beetles, etc.