PDA

View Full Version : Enough H2O at site 30

Vern
07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Next Weekend I am finaly taking Gaintfish on a backcountry trip that he has been waiting on for 2yrs since I broke my foot twice. Going to 24 on friday then going up to 30 on sat. I have not been above 24 and I am worried that there will not be any fishable water. The lang range forcast was calling for 40% rain all week and 60% on friday and Sat. Now its down to 20 & 30%. Is there enough water up there or am I just going to get sore calf muscles.

tennswede
07-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Well Vern, I don't want to sound negative but thise year is bad and I really wouldn't hike up towards 24 right now. It is skinny water at 24 even with normal rainfall and I can't imagine what it would look like right now. An alternative would be Fish Camp Prong since it is a little larger. All in all this is not a good time in the mountains.

Vern
07-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks Hans. I don't have much choice about time of year. Gaintfish starts track pratice the next week. I orginaly thought about fish camp, but want to try new water. I may camp at 24 then head of fish camp instead of site 30.