PDA

View Full Version : Very Cool water temps on the HI today.

tennswede
07-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Wow, the HI was at 56 degrees today. I couldn't believe it. I began fishing with a guy from GA at the stair steps at about 7 am. I caught and released 15 Rainbows and one lone Brown today. I lost a handful as usual. The fish took with gusto today, I reckon from the cold water. There were caddis in the morning and yellow stones, and some sulfurs mid morning. I fished with either a BH prince or a gray Czech nymph and a partridge and yellow as a trailing fly.

They really liked an emerger today. The weather was fantastic and with low humidity. I stopped at noon when the water came on and stopped to chat with Don Denney from TU. They were doing a bug inventory at 1 pm at Reliance Fly&Tackle. I had a real good day thanks to the cold water. Not every summer you get to experience that on the HI.

David Knapp
07-14-2007, 06:36 PM
That is great news about the cool water! I've been concerned about the river because of the drought, glad its still doing well!

Kevin_Thomas
07-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Glad you had a good day. I wish we could have teamed up, but that's the way it goes. Trevor and I are going to the SoHo tomorrow, hopefully we will have the same luck!

tennswede
07-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Kevin!

Yeah, I've been thinking about contacting you for a while, but after my Finland trip and all I needed some recovering at home. I'm tied up next weekend with TU for some stream sampling over Cosby way. I don't know for sure where I will be fishing in the afternoon. Good Luck tomorrow and good Luck with Montana. You are going this month right?

Keep in touch.

Kevin_Thomas
07-14-2007, 08:28 PM
I leave next Saturday...

justfishing
07-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey Kev,

Make sure to give us a report from Montana when you get back. I leave the following Saturday. I heard it's hot and low out there.

Good luck

justfishing
<'))))><