PDA

View Full Version : Soho trip

mstone
07-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Fished the Soho this weekend. Saturday was the better of the two days, at least for me. Found quite a few rising fish early in the day. Midges and small sulphurs accounted for most of the fish. Never caught anything of much size but it was fun to fish dries.Spotted some good fish on the slower moving parts of the river but they were very skittish. I went to a spot near the dam around 7:00 with the water still up.The water temp was 47 degrees! Still wanting to float this river during generation.

mstone

Kevin_Thomas
07-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Trevor and I fished it Sunday. We did well, but I got off to a slow start. I prefer Nymphs, and Trevor prefers Dries. Trevor started picking up fish right away, it took me a few hours to convert to Dries, but when I did I started picking up fish. I caught one that was crazy fat, I couldn't even get my hand around it. I wanted to take a photo, but I couldn't control the fish long enough once I got it to me.

buckeyetrouter
07-17-2007, 07:28 AM
hey Kevin and Trevor......do you use any red when you fish the tailwaters with nymphs???? Was just wondering how that little red brassie with the flashabou I've been using on BlueGills would work......let me know if you guys would like to try one (#12 or #14) and I'll get some if the mail......

buckeyetrouter

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l303/buckeyetrouter/DSC_0034.jpg

Kevin_Thomas
07-17-2007, 02:09 PM
On any normal day that would work well, Sunday was just not a day for Nymphs. When will you be back in town?

buckeyetrouter
07-17-2007, 03:00 PM
still hoping to get into the park mid to late august, probably just a long weekend thing....then we alway come down 3rd week of Oct for the photo ops...........

Jswitow
07-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Fishing nymphs when there are rising fish to be had?
Best,
John

Kevin_Thomas
07-17-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm a little odd, no doubt about that!

DALEFISH
07-18-2007, 07:54 AM
i fished the soho last october and used an emerger type fly that i tie for midge imitations and it has alot of red in it and it worked great.then again it works great on every tailwater i have fished.i dead drift it and strip it in short strips.its called "dales crimson tied"
dalefish

Jswitow
07-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey I fish nymphs and streamers most of the time too. Rarely see rising trout!
Best,
John