PDA

View Full Version : Polerised sun glasses

Giantfish
07-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Ok, polerised sunglasses are amazing, they are like water x-ray vision!
You put them on and you see through the water. How do they work??

Oh ya and make it to where I can understand it, don't get to scientific, trust me I won't understand it!
Thanks
Giantfish

Vern
07-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Let dear old dad try. I had to explain this to your mom when we were in Bar Harbor Maine, so don't feel bad. When the rays of sun light hits the water the water and is reflected in several differant directions. Polarized sun glasses have lines that only lets rays of light that come come in from one direction. Taking the glare off the water so you can see below it.

jeffnles1
07-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Giantfish,
Vern (your dad?) is right on. Go to Google and search, there are several excellent explainations out there. Here's one link:
http://www.allaboutvision.com/sunglasses/polarized.htm

There are others, but out of respect for our hosts, I do not want to point to anything that is an overt ecommerce site, espeically some that may be direct competitors.

I find the polarized glasses are great most of the time. There are times; however, when I can see the fly better without them than with them, especially when the sun is at a low angle to the water. The older I get, the worse my eyes are and I need every edge I can get.

Jeff

edit - I spelled your screen name incorrectly. Fixed now (I need to learn how to type).

Byron Begley
07-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Vern,

You are right on. I couldn't have explained it better.

Jeff, good advice. I don't know exactly how it works but it does.

Byron

Woody
07-29-2007, 05:00 PM
My production double once I put a pair of polarized glasses on. I wasn't a true fisherman untill I spent the $$$ and bought a pair of percription shades. Lots of money but worth every penny.

Woody
07-29-2007, 05:56 PM
My production double once I put a pair of polarized glasses on. I wasn't a true fisherman untill I spent the $$$ and bought a pair of percription shades. Lots of money but worth every penny.