PDA

View Full Version : favorite park map?

milligan trout degree
07-27-2007, 12:12 AM
im searching for a good park map for finding small streams that are left off other maps. anyone have any good suggestions, or thoughts about the maps you use?

mtnman2888
07-27-2007, 05:39 AM
I really, really like the national geographic trails illustrated maps. Those are super nice maps and plus they are waterproof!

Craig

buckeyetrouter
07-27-2007, 07:00 AM
hey Craig.....where would you pick up one of those maps??????

buckeyetrouter

flyman
07-27-2007, 08:44 AM
If can't get what you need from LRO please buy them from the Great Smoky Mt book store You can get good and lost with these two (Item #: 450002 & 450008).
They are a non-profit org that helps benefit the park.:smile:

http://smokiesinformation.org/f/07_store_21parkmaps_1.htm

milligan trout degree
07-27-2007, 10:31 PM
hey buckeye, i dont know where you're from, but you can get that map around the registers at bass pro. i had one in my hand last night, but didnt get it b/c 1. i think the same map is cheaper at lro and 2. i'll be out of town all this weekend and next week so i dont really need it and figured i'd ask here what everyone liked best. but yeah, you can get it at bass pro if thats convinient. it's 11.95 there

D-Drake
07-28-2007, 07:20 AM
BuckeyeTrouter,

We keep the Trails Illustrated maps in stock and can ship them out no problem. They are just $9.95 and like always FREE SHIPPING.

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/store/product.php?productid=17481&cat=995&page=1

It's a great map. There are maps for surrounding areas too like the Cherokee National Forest north of the Park, the Big South Fork, the Tellico/Hiwassee area, Nantahala NF, even Yellowstone.

Daniel

milligan trout degree
07-28-2007, 09:09 AM
i'll probably order mine tonight.

buckeyetrouter
07-28-2007, 12:20 PM
thanks Daniel......I'll pick one up next time I'm in the store (hoping to be sometime in Aug.).......

wanna hear some terrible news..........Abby has a chance to be transferred to ................Knoxville..........which means we could move to say....Maryville and I would be force to fish the park say...Daily.......wouldn't that be awful............got my fingers crossed, ya never know......

buckeyetrouter

(guess I would have to change my screen name too)