PDA

View Full Version : Scott G2

jeffnles1
07-28-2007, 11:19 PM
What's the overall opinion of the Scott G2? 9' 5wt?

Thanks,
Jeff

Grumpy
07-31-2007, 11:53 AM
While i've only parking lot cast one, i liked it, i'm an old Scott fan, it felt better than a G to me & i was able to shoot the entire line, something i had trouble doing with a G:frown:
Accurate up close & tracked well to boot, then again a Winston WT or Orvis T3 or Zero in a mid flex will do the same thing with a little more autority:eek:

Grumpy

jeffnles1
08-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Guys,
I ended up getting the Scott G2. I went with a 9' 5wt and it casts like a dream. Short 15' casts, and longer 40' casts, no problem. I hit the water tonight with it and it performed perfectly. I really like this rod.

It may be a bit big for the GSMNP, but 99% of the fishing I do is warm water after bass and panfish. This rod is going to be great for that.

I did go after trout tonight in a local tailwater and hooked up with a very large brown, but I let it break my line (6x tippet) by not anticipating it's last run before the net. As I was reaching behind me for the net, it made a run and I didn't react fast enough and put too much pressure on the fish and the line snapped. I had several good looks at the fish and I'm guessing 17-18" to be the conservative size estimate.

Jeff