PDA

View Full Version : Last week of Sept

Ferg
07-29-2007, 03:50 PM
We will be in NC for 3 nites and 2 nites in TN. The question is fish with a guide for 1/2 day on each side or go it alone while we hike to see some of the waterfalls. We have a full schedule each day and just tring to squeeze in a litlle fishing. Would love to catch fish but I think we would enjoy the remote fishing best. No guarantees with a guide. Will we need waders in last of Sept?
I have ordered a map from Little River Fly Shop.
Thanks
Gary

Rog 1
07-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Don't know your experience with the short rod....a pair of long nylon fishing pants should work just fine.....have been fishing the first week of Oct. for the last 30 years and have wet waded the entire time.....usually find that even shorts work fine especially if you are hiking for any length of time.

Gerry Romer
07-29-2007, 10:16 PM
You should still be able to wet wade. By all means contact Hugh Hartsell. He will put you on fish regardless of which state you're in!

http://smokymountainflyguide.com

Gerry Romer

Ferg
07-30-2007, 01:45 PM
thanks for the replys, looking forward to seeing the Smokey's

Jswitow
07-30-2007, 05:23 PM
A recommendation for the NC side. Slickrock Creek in the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest. Slickrock is a brown trout stream, has 2 nice waterfalls and fairly rugged hiking. Look at the maps if you want more info shoot me an email jswitow@hotmail.com. The other offering is Snowbird Creek, it has three nice waterfalls and in the backcountry is a brook trout fishery. One of the largest in the Southern Appalachians. There is another waterfall up Snowbirds trail on Sassafras Creek. Sassafras is wild rainbow fishery.
Hope you enjoy you visit.
John