PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Herbert SR?

Vern
08-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Byron Is that Jerry Herbert Jr.? If it is I know his father and his daughter. He is in poor health now ( or may have passed away recently). He was a Knight of Columbus that attended my Parish (St Anns on charlot ave) He gave a talk one day at one of our meetings about growing up in Nashville and being a graphic artist and was one of the most intresting men I have ever listened to. If this is the same family His daughter name is Becky Channey and has coached the crosscountry team at St Anns for years.

Byron Begley
08-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Vern,

It's Jerry Herbert Jr. I know Jerry SR as well and have for around 30 years. I have one of his paintings of a Smokies trout stream hanging in my house. It is beautiful. Jerry Sr. is still alive though his wife just passed away a few weeks ago. Jerry Jr. is in his early 50's. I know Becky and all the girls.

Byron

Vern
08-13-2007, 04:38 PM
I knew one of them pasted away. Jerry sr plays in our K of c GOLF turn. every year. Last year he only played 9 holes but I am still impressed for a man of his age. I know his son in law Rob well and his grandson Warren starts Ft Ryan this year and is one heck of a golfer. It Jr is anything Like the members of family I know he is one fine Man. My wife went to school and was friends with Becky Growing up.

Byron Begley
08-13-2007, 06:02 PM
They don't come any better.

Byron