PDA

View Full Version : Middle Prong Little Pigeon near Pittman Center

jimdandy
08-14-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm headed down to the Smokies the first week of Sept and have a cabin right on the Little Pigeon near Pittman Center. Anyone know if the state is still stocking trout there (even with the low water and warm temps)? How is the smallie fishing around there?

Boatworks4u
08-14-2007, 11:59 AM
We will be there the same time hope to find some good spots it should be alot of fun its our first trip if you hear of any good places let us know
Thanks,
Phil

Flying Trout
08-14-2007, 07:51 PM
I do believe that they still stock around the bridge and up from Redbank Baptist Church. I have never fished this area. I have heard of great small mouth fishing up that way though. There was a show a year or two ago on tv fishing for smallmouth. I just remember them saying it was near Sevierville and seeing the dome of the high school in the background. I also have a relative that fishes with spinning gear in Sevierville and has had much success on that river. I have no idea about the specifics though. Your really close to Greenbriar from there also.

jimdandy
08-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I know I'll be close to Greenbriar and Ramsey Prong, and would love to fish for the wild trout. I just worry about stressing them unnecessarily with the low water and high temps. I'll probably stick to smallie fishing unless there's lots of rain in the next couple of weeks.