PDA

View Full Version : scissors

jgduckhunter
08-19-2007, 10:29 AM
can anyone give some advice on a good pair of scissors with large finger loops. i have looked some but i always like hearing what other people have to say

Stonefly
08-19-2007, 12:35 PM
I would just say that regardless of finger loop size, get quality scissors. I started with crappy ones and they were a real detriment to tying.

sb

FLYFSN
08-19-2007, 05:38 PM
These ice tempered stainless steel scissors feature adjustable finger loops and serrated blades with fine, narrow points. Made in the U.S.A. by Anvil. Straight , Anvil Scissors Midge. Product Code XSC63, you can get them from Little River Outfitters. They are sold under Wapsi.
Paul

billyspey
08-19-2007, 10:01 PM
for a quality buy Germany or Japaneses best quality, Pakistan low quality, imported scissors must state country of origin ,if imported to the usa. anvil is good quality. but best quality scissors cost money expect to pay $ 40 plus.

Gerry Romer
08-20-2007, 01:29 AM
but best quality scissors cost money expect to pay $ 40 plus.

Okay....

Just what the he** is your markup anyway?!

Gerry Romer :biggrin:

flyman
08-20-2007, 09:32 AM
I think you need at least 2 pairs of scissors for your fly tying bench. You need one fine tip pair that you don't cut anything but thread and hackle with, and another pair to cut hair and synthetics with. I even keep an inexpensive pair to cut wire and foam with. The fine tip pair that you cut hackle and thread should be the ones you spend the most on. I like Dr Slick scissors, large variety of styles and a wide range of prices.