PDA

View Full Version : Another liar

brookiefly
08-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Well fellow anglers, i hope you will welcome another liar to your board.

(...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954)

(Ed Zern: "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it." )

(We ask a simple question And that is all we wish: Are fishermen all liars? Or do only liars fish? ~William Sherwood Fox )

I made a first post on trout mortality associated with temps, a thread I found interesting. Then I discovered this was a place to make the first post.

Good discussion on this forum, I hope to enjoy it and contribute.

Gerry Romer
08-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Thanks again for your contribution to the trout mortality thread! It was indeed a breath of sanity in a thread that was in desperate need.

Welcome aboard!!

Gerry Romer

Paula Begley
08-20-2007, 04:04 AM
Welcome aboard, brookiefly.

Paula

snaildarter
08-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Hi Brookie Fly!

Contributions like yours help a lot. Yes, sanity is much needed on that thread. Don't let the tone of it scare you off from further posts either! People get worked up whenever a core belief gets nudged a little, and that's a good thing.

Byron Begley
08-20-2007, 06:41 PM
From one liar to another,

Welcome to the board. Thanks for posting on the Mortality thread. You picked a good one.

And Snaildarter, next time you are in look me up. I'm always here. I'm pretty low key too. But some of the fine people who work here may call me a liar on that one.

Byron

snaildarter
08-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Brookiefly, Byron just lied about being a liar. It's not natural for him. :biggrin: I don't know if you saw him on TV, but he was telling people not to come fish because of the bad water conditions! Even though that directly costs him money. I've been lied to so many times by guides telling me the fishing is great that seeing Byron do that is unbelievable.

Byron, I'll at least introduce myself to you or Paula next time I'm in there. I'm sure you'll appreciate meeting the person that interrupted the tranquil flow of the forums. Sorry about that!

We are gunning for a late September trip (hopefully we'll get some better weather before then!). I'm wanting to fish the Horseshoe at Abrams in a bad way. It's been too long since I've been there. We (wife and I) will also probably camp and kayak a bit too.

Brookiefly, from the other thread, it looks like you've got a good handle on finding this stuff. Please keep contributing whatever you find. I'm staying off that thread for a bit so it can cool down, me being the only devil's advocate there.

Be well

Paula Begley
08-20-2007, 08:25 PM
snaildarter, we will always welcome lively, civil discussion on this board, and those who bring it should feel at home.

Our goal at LRO is to always provide you the truth as we see it. Such sentiment may cost us in the short run (during this drought), but the faith and loyalty of customers who know they will get the true skinny from us is beyond measure in the long run. We are here for the long run.

Welcome to the board.

Paula