PDA

View Full Version : Colorado transplant

sdetoro59
08-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Just wanted to say hello. Although I'm just moving to the area from Colorado, I've fished some of the nearby rivers in the past. I have family here (in Maryville) and usually get a day or two in each visit.

Although Colorado has seen quite a bit of drought in past years, this area seems to be impacted harder by the lack of water and warmer temps.

I'm here now and am looking forward to learning about the local rivers and streams, and in chatting with all about the issues here.

Jswitow
08-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Welcome to the area. I hope you come to call this place home as I have. The scenery is beautiful and the cost of living very good as well. This summer has been pretty brutal, but is not typical.
Tight lines,
John

David Knapp
08-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Welcome to the board and to the area! I've been fortunate to spend some time the last two summers in Colorado and envy you the time you've spent out there. We've got some good water here though and I'm sure you'll enjoy it in Tennessee...

Gerry Romer
08-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the board! What part of Colorado and what CO waters have you fished? After seeing Plateau Angler's and Trevor's recent posts, I'm sure most everybody here would enjoy seeing some pics of your home waters.

When we get some, you'll soon be calling these little, itty bitty foothills your new home waters.

Gerry Romer

sdetoro59
08-21-2007, 04:32 PM
thanks for your welcome.
Lived in the SW Denver suburbs for a number of years after college in the Gunnison Valley.

Primarily fished the forks of the South Platte (convenience) but also the Williams Fork, Colorado, Rio Grande (near Creede), Blue, the Lake Fork and others

My favorite trip was always the third week of Sept. (usually) Blue skies, crisp air, golden leaves...although last year it snowed! I'd hit the Eagle, Roaring Fork and Fryingpan (a favorite) , Gunnison, East River (outside Crested Butte), the Taylor.. and if lucky enough on the way home.. the Arkansas outside Buena Vista . seven rivers in four days!

Lots of rivers and streams here to expore - and looking forward to it!

Paula Begley
08-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the board, sdetoro59! And welcome to the area (or back to the area).

I hope we get some water soon so you can get out there and enjoy!

Paula

ETSUskier
08-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the area. I hope you enjoy the area and if you are ever looking for someone to fish with please shoot me an email. cltg@chartertn.net

-- Travis G.