PDA

View Full Version : Gaintfish broke leg

Vern
08-21-2007, 06:16 PM
All the long time members may remember that I have had a rough couple of years with breaking my foot two times. Finaly have healed up enough this year to make one backcountry trip with my son Gaintfish. Well just as I was planning a fall back country trip, Gaintfish stepped in a hole during his cross country pratice and brook his fibula. Not a bad break but he will out of commision for about 6-8 weeks. You can blame it on the drought, here in Nashville the leaves have started falling off the trees. He stepped in a hole that was covered by leaves, about a foot deep.

Paula Begley
08-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh no! :eek:

I hope Giantfish isn't in too much pain...and I hope he heals well. Tell him I said casts are babe magnets. ;)

Paula

Vern
08-21-2007, 06:27 PM
No Cast, just one of those high dollar boots, very expensive ($400-500) that insurance usualy dosn't cover. But he will still get a lot of attention I am sure.

ttas67
08-21-2007, 06:31 PM
that's aweful! hope he heals well. get him some felt bottom crutches and he should be good to do some fishing!

nvr2L8
08-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Paula,

Do tell - which casts are babe magnets? Roll cast, standard overhead, side arm? Inquiring minds need to know.

ijsouth
08-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Coming from a parent who just had one child go through a mishap recently, I feel for ya. Too bad on missing out on a backcountry trip this fall.

Fishermansfly
08-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Vern tell Giantfish to get better soon and you should take him some magazines to read up on while he's getting better!

NV2L8-That comment was so appropriate! I'll be laughing on that a while! I'm interested in a response! I'm betting the double haul!

Tell him heal fast!
Brett

Paula Begley
08-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Paula,

Do tell - which casts are babe magnets? Roll cast, standard overhead, side arm? Inquiring minds need to know.

HAHAHA! :smile: I was hoping someone would pick up on that one. Good "catch", nvr2L8!

NV2L8-That comment was so appropriate! I'll be laughing on that a while! I'm interested in a response! I'm betting the double haul!

Girls never tell...we just keep ya' guessing. :biggrin:

Get well soon, Giantfish!

Paula

donwinn
08-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Vern,

I work in Nashville as well, so, I know what you mean about the trees.

I hope Giantfish recovers well and quickly. He probably needs dad to hire a 16 - 17 year old nanny to wait on him and assist in the recovery.

I think a roll cast would be best.

jeffnles1
08-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Giantfish,
Sorry about the leg and I hope you heal up and get back to running and fishing very soon!

I think a new fly rod is going to help you feel better much faster, maybe a new reel to go with the new rod.

Some "female attention" will also help ease the pain.:biggrin:

Jeff