PDA

View Full Version : braving the soho

wynnsman
08-23-2007, 10:08 PM
i was just wondering if anyone daring the traffic during the race this weekend to fish the soho,i may give it a try this weekend.

Troutman
08-23-2007, 10:26 PM
I had briefly thought about driving up there this Sat. before I realized the race was this weekend. Too much traffic and drunken idiots on the roads, so guess I'll try again another weekend.

Gerry Romer
08-23-2007, 10:36 PM
You could always just head up 11E. Shouldn't be too much race traffic. At least not the nuts that populate the freeway. 11 E takes you almost directly there...

Gerry

MtnMike
08-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Hey Guys,

I rarely fish the river on weekends, but it seems like you can never figure out when it will be crowded or not. One weekend it is packed and the next there is noboby in sight and you're wondering if you looked at the schedule wrong. With that said I fished it last year on race weekend and saw very few anglers. Remember the races are at night and the traffic isn't very bad in the morning as long as you chose your route wisely. As a matter of fact the more I think about it, I may have to go this weekend myself, so forget all of that the river will probably be packed!

ttas67
08-24-2007, 12:40 AM
yeah, I was actually thinking 11E. it just takes forever to go that way.

Randy Ratliff
08-24-2007, 07:18 AM

Gerry Romer
08-24-2007, 08:00 AM
WOW!!

But how was the fishing??

MtnMike
08-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Ouch! Randy, sorry to hear about the accident, I hope you're not too sore.
I live in Bluff City right off of Hwy 11 and it really does get crowded and crazy around here. But depending on where you're coming from, you can usually find a way to the river. Particularly, if you come in from Elizabethton.
I have not fished as much recently, but the fishing has been pretty consistent. No huge fish, but quite a few in the 12"-16" range and a few around 18". They are still willing to eat a sulphur though I haven't seen a good hatch in weeks, just a few bugs coming off. I don't know but it seems like there are not as many bugs this year on low water. My guess (and that's all it is) is that the extra generation this year has the bugs coming off then.
If you fish be careful, getting here.

billyspey
08-25-2007, 11:26 PM
i floated it on monday ,was very slow 2wks in a row no bugs and no rising fish several others have reported the same.