PDA

View Full Version : Hiwassee Sat 8/25/07

tennswede
08-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Made it down to the big HI this morning. Kevin showed up a little late so I headed to the river. It was very foggy and I didn't realize that one of the guys fishing around me all morning was Kevin. Oh well!

The water temp was 64 and the air felt pretty cool at 7 AM. It began to warm in the air at 11 AM or so when I decided to quit. I caught all my fish the first hour or so today. I got a handful on either my BH Prince or the Partridge and Orange that I had tied on the hook bend. I switched to an EHC tan size 14 when they quit taking on the bottom and I got another handful that way. I think my totals were 9. 6 of those were brown. All the fish was on the small side less than 9 inches. I talked to a spin fishing fellow and he didn't have any fish of any size either. It was a beautiful and relaxing morning never the less.

Sage
08-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Hans,
Thanks for the report. We're heading over there Wed. the 29th to float it. I've never fished it before so I'm looking forward to the trip. They say it is a very scenic float trip. Hopefully the top water action will be on for us. Thanks again for the report and all your other posts - they are always informative and enjoyable.

tennswede
08-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Sage!

The HI has some potential at higher water so floating is the best option for bigger fish when they are generating. It is a tough river for floating though. You better have some experience or your boat will be a wreck (I've been told). As for me I only wade. I haven't had a boat since I lived in Sweden over a decade ago. I wade a lot in the trophy section. Good Luck.