PDA

View Full Version : Fall pattern fly swap ? ?

buckeyetrouter
08-26-2007, 10:08 AM
would anyone be interested in a fall pattern GSMNP fly swap ? ?

even if not, what are your favorite fall patterns and colors...say late sept thru nov.......

buckeyetrouter

jgduckhunter
08-29-2007, 06:29 PM
i would but i'm new to tying and you will have to suggest something simple for me to tie.

buckeyetrouter
08-29-2007, 09:14 PM
not a problem....lets wait and see if we get enough interest to get one going.....how bout it guys and gals.....any other interest ? ?

buckeyetrouter

Troutman
08-29-2007, 10:13 PM
I won't be able to participate this time. Maybe this winter when I'm getting my fly boxes ready for the next spring.

ttas67
08-30-2007, 12:35 AM
orange palmers, and orange stimis are usually hot flies. last year, however, I didn't do so well with the orange flies.

I haven't fished the park in a long long time. I'm really looking forward to some crisp fall days on the stream. abrams creek in the fall ..... priceless.

Tater
09-28-2007, 05:00 PM
greenie weenie and yellow weenie easiest fly to tie and everything takes it browns, brooks, and the bows
not weighted just a little split shot

Dark Cahill
11-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Up here orange is a really hot fall color. Wouldn't leave the house without an orange colored fly of some sort. The Tigers I caught earlier were on a orange DDH Leech. Lots of browns and rainbows as well.