PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day on the Clinch

Sage
09-04-2007, 10:42 AM
For the first time in over 8 years, my brother Bill & I fished together. He lives in Ga. and things just have not worked out to be able to fish together for a long time. We met at Mom's at 5:00 yesterday morning, breakfast at the arches, then suited up in the dark and started walking. He'd always liked fishing a certain stretch that he found years ago. Well, we went to that stretch and man was it worth the walk. We caught them on bhhes, copper johns, san juans, midges, para adams later in the day, but the best producer was a fly that was given to me by someone I work with. He calls it something like the crows foot or the old crow, I don't remember exactly. It's the ugliest, scraggley looking sort of unraveled mess you can imagine. He gave it to me and I thought, boy that's ugly. After yesterday, it's one of the most beautiful flies in my box. We brought to hand at least 15 fish each and the average length was 11-13" with the biggest measuring 16. For those of you doubters, I carry a measure on a zinger and don't count fractions, only to the nearest inch mark. Thanks for the crow, Becker and thanks to Bill for a special day. Those days live forever in our memories.

thebig21
09-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Would love to see a pic of that ugly fly!!