PDA

View Full Version : I need some help quick

milligan trout degree
09-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I've got to find a small stream to fish by tomorrow in the johnson city area. Right now i'm thinking about laurel creek or laurel fork, im not sure how the water temp is up there though. i'm also thinking about the doe river on roan mtn, but i don't know any access points along the river and i'm not even sure how to get to the river on the mtn either. i assume you just go to the state park and look for the campground?

i fished the watuage to today. they had really convenient generation schedule today. i fished for about two hours and picked up on bow and three brookies. I can't go tomorrow morning b/c of baseball practice, but i've got to take advantage of the good oppurtunity following practice. anyone got any suggestions?

D-Drake
09-07-2007, 07:33 PM
The times that I fished Doe River, we fished just inside the State Park. We even fished right there at the visitor center. Upstream from there....I guess it is closer to the campground, I can't remember, was better. Have fun if you go!

Daniel

milligan trout degree
09-07-2007, 07:51 PM
thanks daniel. that's probably where I'll be going. I miss the small streams. besides the creek here at my college (which surprisingly does hold a few trout, though i don't know where they come from) I havent fished a small stream in a while. just the watagua for me lately. i cant complain there, but i'm looking forward to some small water again.

Ben

wynnsman
09-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey man heres my thought,i went to Laurel Fork up from dennis cove campground last monday.it was very dismall.almost like a trickle.If you go i would go down toward the falls if that is even possible.

milligan trout degree
09-08-2007, 01:44 AM
i appreciate the info on laurel creek, if thats the case, i'll leave it alone. also, if i get up to the doe and its the same way, then i'll just turn around and wait till i can go to the watauga sunday hopefully.