PDA

View Full Version : citico 9/17/07

oody3wt
09-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Fished in the citico wilderness area for a couple of hours with the boss man and did some good. The creek is the lowest i've ever seen it and i've been fishing that creek since i could walk,but the water temp is in the low 60's. We took buck hwy where there was road construction and that took some fishing time away. In the last two hours of light I caught 11 fish five of wich were 10in plus, the boss man caught 9. All wild rainbows that were fat as mudd. I used #10 orange stimi and a #12 royal wolff. the fish showed no preference in flies they just want a clean drift and they'll even compromise on that.

David Knapp
09-18-2007, 08:41 PM
That's a place I've been intending to fish for years now but just haven't gotten around to it...sounds like I probably ought to make the time!

tennswede
09-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Anyone, fishing the "loop" on this river? I have been wanting to fish that stretch for some time. With the loop I mean the section which weers away from the gravel road. It's in the stocked special permit section. Btw, I guess the permit season ended sept 15, if memory serves me correct.

oody3wt
09-24-2007, 03:24 PM
If your talking about the bend below the old checking station which i think is right below campsite #12 next to nobody fishes that. I've been there a few times this year and it fished good as i expected.lots of dumb fish and several wash down stockers. I'd say it gets less preasure than the wilderness area on up the road, but thats just a guess.

tennswede
09-24-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm thinking about the bend just upstream of Jake Best campground. I really need to get down that way, I fished North and South Fork in the nineties, just upstream of the Jeffrey area. It 's nice and the good thing about it you don't need the special permit even in season since it's considered wild water.

oody3wt
09-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Well heck, if you want to go fish it my email is oody3wt@hotmail.com , let me know something and we'll hit up and few other of my favorites.