PDA

View Full Version : Hows The Telico watershed looking?

limbsnagger
09-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Just was wandering if anybodys but up on telico or the north river lately. I've not been down there since spring and was wandering how it was fishing and water levels/temps are improving. Was also wandering about Citico creek as well. Would appreciate anyones input.

Thanks
Chad

Marmot
09-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey Limb.. Havent been on either lately but some friends of mine have been to both.. The Tellico is low but not as low as it has been. Temps are improving from what I hear though.. Talked to some people that were up at Citico a couple of weeks ago and they said It was as low as they have ever seen it.. Would say that the temps are also dropping there due to the cool nights.. Havent been that way myself in a couple of months due to the drought and heat.. Been doing the tailwaters.. Hope this helps ya out..

Marmot

limbsnagger
09-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the info Marmot. Sorry it's a little late. Telico is one of my favorite watersheds. Can't wait for a little more rain to help pick things up.

I wonder if the fisheries biologist change their stocking routines based upon suboptimal conditions such as this years drought? I know that area usualy gets stocked fairly heavily.

See if I can find some info on net about effects on hatchery fish during droubt.

Thaks for the reply.

Limb

oody3wt
09-23-2007, 11:13 AM
The Stocking that did take place was in the upper sections of both rivers. I talked to the owner of the local flyshop and he said for the month of august that there was little to no stocking. I took water temps at the sunkin bridge on citico about (a little over 2,000ft) this time last month and it was 72degrees, but right now its back in the low 60's. North river is very low and not fishing that well w/ the exceptions of a few sections that hold water due to the steeper grade of the river. Bald river is very low and is fishing alright, but from my experiance its a moody river any way. hope this helps.