PDA

View Full Version : cumberland in the fishing report

lauxier
09-25-2007, 01:03 PM
fishing in the cumberland river has been fab...the water level is down making fly fishing to kill for---Sunday I caught over 50 fish most were over 15"--used a beadhead prince nymph ---later changed to a ant for some of the best topwater fishing I have ever experienced....

3wt
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Were you in a boat? If so do you need a gas motor or will a trolling motor and a 10 foot bass buggy work? Is the river very deep? I've only ever fished small creeks that feed into the river.

lauxier
09-25-2007, 02:26 PM
i have a boat stored at traces on the cumberland in Burkesville---the water is too low for most boats--saw a few canoes sunday----i waded----wading the cumberland is a pleasure because of the gravel bottom that is smooth---do net wet wade use waders because the closer you are to the dam the colder the water----a month or so ago a guy died of hypothermia when he fell into the river..a boat is ,to me,always better than wading---a small flatbottom would do ok---noticed traces had a couple of flatbottoms for rent--looked to be 12 footers with 15hp motors on them--one man rigs---