PDA

View Full Version : Caney Fork/ Sluice

Grumpy
09-25-2007, 02:08 PM
TAKE A BOAT:mad:

After spending Sat/Sun on the river in a boat, it's the only(effective) way to fish it with the sluice running.
I will not to begin to describe a way to reach certain parts of the river by walking/climbing/falling methods, it's just plain easier to access them by boat, then you can find a few wading possibilites without the normal Caney company:biggrin:
Yaks, drifters, canoes & even motorized boats will work, nymphs/midges fished deep were the ticket.

Grumpy

Mr. Mike
09-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Grumpy, what type of nymph...any?

Grumpy
10-02-2007, 10:56 AM
BHPT, BHHE or Zebra midges have been producing, fished weighted about 6' deep.

Grumpy

Luke Warmwater
10-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Come on Grumpy there aren't any fish in there. Maybe a Creek Chub or two, but nothin worth catchin.

Grumpy
10-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Come on Grumpy there aren't any fish in there. Maybe a Creek Chub or two, but nothin worth catchin.

heck, a creek chub will shake a rod:biggrin:

Grumpy

monktrout
10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
I fished the Caney Fork on Friday. Sluice had the water over all the Betty Island area. If you were cautious there is some limited wading. I stepped off into a hole. Be careful! Staying close to shore I used a tungesten bead ph size 14. You need to get down and the heavy flow pushes hard on your presentation. I can't recommend the fishing for waders. A bit dicey.