View Full Version : Abrams

09-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Hello all,

Wife and I are probably going to do the horseshoe on Abrams this Sunday while car camping Saturday and Sunday nights at a nearby campground. I was wondering if anyone had fished it lately, and how you did? Also, are the campgrounds all crowded yet with the Leaf Watchers? It has been years since I fished that stretch.

I know the water is low, and that the fishing may not be good. If it is really bad we may just go hiking instead. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

09-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Haven't been there lately - not so much of the drought, but work obligations...though some friends hiked last weekend said the water was really low...can only assume too low - may cause more stress on the fish as everyone is mindful of, but if you had to wet a line, try the spring section where temps should be cooler, albeit even skinnier and gin clear water make it tougher...supposedly we have some rain coming Thur and may be a decent soaker to help out conditions, while it won't be enough to give us a reversal on the drought, it may give you a better shot at some fish by time you get there.

09-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Thank you for the info, Waterborn. Yeah, we may skip it if no rain sticks. Although the temperatures should be quite nice (for the fish too), with a high of about 75 in Townsend on Sunday. Hopefully some of that rain off to the west will make it to the Smokies.