PDA

View Full Version : Access points-South Holston

FFM4LIFE
10-06-2007, 09:45 PM
I am considering fishing the south holston river in a few weekends. I have never fished this stream before. Where are some access points that can be waded? And, if so where are is some access points that are wadable during generation? Also, what are some flies that I should have in the fly box?

Thanks

Maurer
10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
The SoHo is one of my favorite rivers to fish. For Access check out the weir dam and also weaver pike bridge. There is also a section of TVA land that you can walk in at, but I'm not going to try to explain how to get there. Get a good map before you go as the roads are very confusing. There is also a good book called Tennessee Trout Waters or give Eddie a call at the Fly Shop of Tennessee, for better info. Flies; Sulphurs, Midges, BH Pheasant tails, zebras and possibly some streamers.

It is starting to fish really good again, Thursday I landed about 30 with many in the 14 to 16 inch range. I was fishing Dry Droper, with an Adams on top and pheasant tail dropper. 6X floro is a must.

Hope this helps a little, I've been fishing it for two years now and still learn somthing new every time I go.

There are also some great guides that work up there. If you can afford it, it is definately worth the money, as they can access some parts that most people can't

Randy Ratliff
10-07-2007, 08:12 PM

FFM4LIFE
10-20-2007, 12:57 PM
I will be fishing the south holston tomorow morning and I need directions to the river. Can any one give me directions to the weir dam and the Weaver Pike Bridge Coming From Warriors Path State park?

Thanks

Randy Ratliff
10-20-2007, 08:23 PM

Byron Begley
10-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey Randy,

I just got on your website and read your fishing report. I have been on a tarpon fishing trip with Bill Bartee. It is a pleasure to be around him.

Byron

FFM4LIFE
10-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Fished the SoHo today and did ok. I started at the weir around 9 and i hooked one really nice one but it got off. I saw TONS of fish today. There were fish rising all around but i never could get them to take any thing. I caught about 4 in the 10-13" range. All fish were caught on a sulfer ComPara Dun. I hope to get back up there soon before it gets too cold.

FFM

FFM4LIFE
10-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Does anyone know if there is any where to camp around the SoHo?

Randy Ratliff
10-21-2007, 10:27 PM

FFM4LIFE
10-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Does anyone have any opinions on grey midge patterns for the SoHo?