PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Louisville

kytroutbummin
10-11-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm currently living too far from good trout fishing and surfing and looking to move somewhere closer soon. Right now it's looking like a toss up between the smokies and the Yellowstone area out west, maybe norther California. Know someone with employment in any of these area? Hook a brother up! I am a member of the derby city fly fishers club in Louisville, Ky. and spend every free minute I get searching for the next great fish. I find that I enjoy fishing I quiet stream alone my favorite pastime, but a good day with friends is nice too. I never count fish, 0 or 100 doesn't really matter. As long as I'm waist deep in water with a fly rod you won't see anything but a smile on my face. I have recently started measuring lately, though, because I seem to have a nac for catching large trout and everyone always asks but no one believes you when you say I guess it was about 22....??? I will be in the Waynesville area Nov. 5th-11th camped out alone at deep creek campground for the first part of the week then at a hotel in Waynesville from the 9th-11th with the club. If anyone in the Tenn. N.C. area wants o fish while I'm down let me know. Well, that's my trout side in a nut shell. Hope to see some of you on the stream!
Christopher Fisher

cardfly
10-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey kytroutbummin,

I am in Louisville too. How is the Derby City Fly fishers club? I've been thinking about joining. I've been to the smokies twice and am trying to get down there again in November. I love that quiet stream peacefullness myself.

If you haven't been to LRO, it is a must trip for anyone fishing the smokies.

jeffnles1
10-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm from Northern Kentucky (Boone County). Good to see some Kentucky folks here (even though you're bird fans and not cat fans...)

Jeff

David Knapp
10-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the board!

Jswitow
10-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Kytroutbummin,
I grew up in Louisville, actually graduated from Oldham County in 1980 (live in Knoxville now), the only thing wrong with that city is the lack of mountains and trout. Here is my email jswitow@hotmail.com. I spend most of my time fishing over on and around Snowbird Creek in Robbinsville, NC. Shoot me an email if you want to fish while you're in the area, we'll see if we can make that happen. Anyway welcome to the site.
John