PDA

View Full Version : Caney Fork Sluice 10/11

Realtyman
10-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I was wanting to post about how happy the fish were to get some much needed oxygen, and how I had found some wade in spots that were producing some nice bows and browns, however; I find it more prudent to let everyone know that the Corp is now running 1 generator along with the sluice.

Forecast is for 7 hrs a day at about 5000+ cfs. That pretty much eliminates about anywhere to wade-in on the Caney. I'm not even gonna comment about whether or not you can float it- and still fish.

I may tie a rope to a tree and take up river surfing, or maybe I'll just head East.

RM

Stonefly
10-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I've heard that this may go on for only another week. Then hopefully we can get back in the water

sb

Grumpy
10-11-2007, 07:37 PM
jeez, i've got trips stacked up:mad:

Grumpy

Realtyman
10-11-2007, 08:20 PM
jeez, i've got trips stacked up:mad:

Grumpy

Take em of a night, it's more fun casting in the dark. You can use one of those big glow sticks like the military uses for an indicator:cool: I'm game!

Grumpy
10-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Take em of a night, it's more fun casting in the dark. You can use one of those big glow sticks like the military uses for an indicator:cool: I'm game!

streamers & big rods:biggrin:

Grumpy

ChemEAngler
10-19-2007, 09:48 PM
I am thinking about taking the wife over there next weekend and am curious if they are still sluicing. Is there anyone out there who knows anything about this?

Travis

Realtyman
10-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Is there anyone out there who knows anything about this?

Travis

What do you want to know? I can't predict what will be going on next weekend, just heresay.

For the last 9 days, the Corp have been opening the sluice while they are generating for about 7-8 hrs per day. Then everything is off until the next morning and here we go with 5000+ cfs all at once.

However; if you look at Friday's schedule, the generator is off and the sluice is still running! Who knows? Saturdays forecast is only for 5 hrs generation and I can't say for sure about the sluice.

The "word" is, this will last until the end of the month and November fishing on the Caney should be on fire. Links included below.

http://lakeinfo.tva.gov/htbin/lakeinfo?site=CNH&DataType=All&SUBMIT=View+data

http://residentangler.blogspot.com :cool: