PDA

View Full Version : Coming up on oct 19th Campgrounds?

Vern
10-12-2007, 04:11 PM
I am bringing Gaintfish up next weekend. I tried to get the company chalet but the owner may be using it. Gaintfish is fresh off a broken leg (he is doing well, back to running on pavement but no trail running yet) so backcountry camping might be pushing it. I tried to reserve a cmpsite in Elkmont but the online reservation system is not working. What are my chances of getting a campsite coming in thur evening?

David Knapp
10-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Vern, call RIGHT NOW and try to make a reservation. I had to cancel and it might still be available as I JUST got off the phone for the cancellation. The reservation started Thursday evening and went through Saturday night. It was for Elkmont... Phone #1-877-444-6777... Hope this helps!!!

David Knapp
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh yeah, I can almost guarantee that there will be no sites available w/out a reservation...

Rog 1
10-12-2007, 04:58 PM
You might get lucky and get one of the walkin sites up against the road....if you are in a tent these are not so bad and can be had without a reservation.

Vern
10-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks Plateau Angler, called and there was one site left. g26 most have been yours. hate to drive up there with no place to stay.

David Knapp
10-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Glad ya'll were able to get it. I really wanted to head up there but things didn't work out. Hope you have a good time and catch some fish!

ijsouth
10-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Tell ya what, it's busy all around....the leaf peakers. I couldn't get a room at our usual place in Maggie Valley for next weekend - had to go all the way to Franklin, N.C. Next year, I'll introduce the girls to camping - one year older.

Vern
10-12-2007, 08:44 PM
I would prefer to stay in the Chalet. full size beds, warm showers, dish washer,color cable, and free. But even if I do get the chalet Gaintfish wants to camp. Oh well when I was a teenager I would do the samething. And I do enjoy camping as long as there are not a loud party crowd net door. PLus I can get up and be on some of my favorite streams in a few minutes.