PDA

View Full Version : Question for LRO

nvr2L8
10-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Guys,

This is not exactly about fly fishing - do you all have any idea what happened to Sue Bee's Bar-B-Q? They had some of the best BBQ I've had in a while and I had made a habit of stopping for a sandwich every time I went fishing in the Smokies. They haven't been open for a while and I noticed today that their smoker is gone. :frown:

Paula Begley
10-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Wow, Charlie, I wish I could help you...ummm? Where was Sue Bee's BBQ? I will say, most businesses are seasonal here, so maybe they'll be back in the spring.

Paula

nvr2L8
10-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Paula,

They were not far past Deadbeat Pete's towards you guys on that side of the road. Little place with a red and white sign on the front of the roof. You missed some great BBQ if you hadn't found them.:frown:

Paula Begley
10-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Paula,

They were not far past Deadbeat Pete's towards you guys on that side of the road. Little place with a red and white sign on the front of the roof. You missed some great BBQ if you hadn't found them.:frown:

OH! That 'splains' it! That place is cursed. It's been 303470237835763 different restaurants. :biggrin:

I guess we need to get out more. :redface:

Paula

Gerry Romer
10-22-2007, 02:24 PM
I liked it best when it was Anne's (Annie's ??) Pizza!!

Yum!

Gerry

Byron Begley
10-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Me too!

Byron:smile:

nvr2L8
10-23-2007, 05:58 AM
I don't know, guys. Let's see....pizza, bbq.....pizza, bbq. :confused: It's pretty much a toss-up for me. I remember seeing Annie's there but never went. Hate to miss good pizza, too. But it's rare when you find REALLY good non-chain (i.e., Buddy's) BBQ. Oh well, maybe they will surface again in the Spring.

BTW, it's raining this morning in Maryville. Hope Townsend and the mountains are getting some of it.:redface:

Gerry Romer
10-23-2007, 10:14 AM
This was really, really good pizza!

Gerry

Paula Begley
10-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Ann's Pizza was really good pizza and I am not a huge fan of pizza, so that's saying something.

Since she closed, I guess there have been 3 or 4 other pizza places there, a cafe/country cooking place or 2 and a couple of bbq joints. Too bad nobody can make that location work...maybe it's the looks of that little strip center next door that keeps people away.

Paula