PDA

View Full Version : How's the Holston Lately?

Sage
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Trying to line up a trip for Wed. afternoon and was curious about the Holston. Depending on the gen. sched. and reviews we may head over there. Thanks in advance for any info and Thank You Lord for the rain!!!

drag line
10-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Sage I was up on the holston a couple of weeks ago above nances ferry and the water was still to warm for the trout. myself and Uofmontanaalum took our pontoons and floated it and saw lots of carp a few smallmouths and a gar but no trout. We even fished a area that I know hold trout because I caught 8 out of one hole back when it was still cold enought for them. Can't wait till it gets cold enough for them again.

fishNlady
10-23-2007, 02:09 AM
My husband and I have been to the Holston the last 2 weekends. We put the canoe in at the cherokee dam ramp. We've caught a few bluegills, a couple of catfish, a largemouth bass, and only 1 trout. A 15 inch rainbow. And he was caught on a nightcrawler and spinning rod at the ramp. We never even seen any trout while we were on the water in the canoe. But we did see tons of carp. They were all over the place.