PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on trip

cbandjb0826
10-23-2007, 11:00 AM
I am a new member. I stumbled upon this site trying to gather information on a fishing trip I am planning for my husband and myself. I do not know ANYTHING at all about fly fishing. I am from Coastal Alabama and know very little about the area. I am researching places for us to stay, fish, hike, relax, etc. I am eager to learn how to fly fish and need to find a location for all these activities. I have looked into Blackberry Farm. But I thought there may be some other nice places that are not as well publicized that might be fun to experience. I am trying to plan all of this by myself so I am not telling him anything. I do not know when a good time of the year would be, but our schedules allow us to flexible. I think we may drive so we could visit several places along the way. I am just beginning the planning, so I do not have any solid thoughts yet. Any suggestions would be great!

Tellico Angler
10-23-2007, 05:27 PM
You can't go wrong coming to East TN for those activities. There are several guides on this forum that could help with any info., depending on where you decide to go. The link to my website is below and there is lots of info. about the Tellico Plains area on it, as far as the fishing goes. Lodging in that area is usually not a problem.
Wherever you decide to go, you will have a great time.
Welcome aboard! This is a great forum filled with knowledge!

nvr2L8
10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the friendly confines of the LRO board!

If you're looking for a good introduction to fly fishing, consider the classes at Little River Outfitters. Many of us are graduates of that school and heartily endorse the course and its teachers. It would make a great addition to a trip to the Smokies and I would guess would be much less pricey than Blackberry Farms. They people at LRO are great to get beginners outfitted as well as taught.

As Tellico Angler mentioned, there are a number of good guides that frequent this board that can also help with a really nice fishing trip to the Smokies. Glad to have another Bama crew on board with us.

Tellico Angler
10-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Was any of the info helpful in planning your trip?

cbandjb0826
10-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Well, actually, I am not any closer to deciding on where to go and what to do than I was a week ago. I have not checked out your website yet. I think I will do that in a minute. My husband does not like guided trips, so I am stuck trying find this info on the Net. I was hoping to get the in on the best locations in the park to fish. And also the best places to stay, eat, etc. I am fairly positive we will hit Blackberry for at least 2 days and then I think I would like to find another hotel or cabin, something secluded preferably on a creek or river for one night. But so far, I have not seen anything I am totally impressed with. I just need to do a little more digging.

Tellico Angler
10-28-2007, 12:01 AM
How secluded a place are you looking for?