PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Louisiana

Stephanie
10-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this board, but have been visiting the Smokies my entire life. We LOVE to stop by Little River Outfitters when we're up there. We do a lot of pond/lake fishing here (mostly catfish and bass) but are amateurs when it comes to fly fishing. We do give it our best shot when we're up there, but we spend a lot of our time hiking and "exploring" as well. I'm looking forward to talking with you all about good fishing and hiking areas in the Smokies...I'm always interested in finding a new spot for my next trip!!!

Stephanie

ijsouth
10-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Hello from Louisiana also...just got back from the mountains yesterday. The fish are there, but let's hope the mountains get some rain - the streams are very low.

fishNlady
10-24-2007, 12:27 AM
Hello from a former Louisiana resident. I'm from the Alexandria/Pineville area originally and my husband is from Shreveport. We've lived up here in the Smokies since 1991, but we were both raised in Louisiana. We're still beginners at fly fishing too. Just started back in the spring, but it is addicting!

ijsouth
10-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Shreveport? That's really east-east Texas ;)

fishNlady
10-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Shreveport? That's really east-east Texas ;)
Yep, and he even has the Texan accent to prove it. ;)

irfishing
10-24-2007, 12:03 PM
It is always good to see new members on the board.
This is a great place to obtain information on where to fish and what type of flies to use. Byron's fishing report give the overall status on a daily basis. It also has valuable information on the entire spectrum of fly fishing.

We probably are all amateurs at fly fishing, some are just better than others. So come on in and join the the group.

sdetoro59
10-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Ever do any Fly fishing for red fish or Specs?
I lived in Pensacola FL for a number of years.. Fished mostly Offshore, but I tried some fly fishing on the bayou and Intercostal..never had any luch tossing those BIG flys!

fish here are smaller(generally) but still fun

Stephanie
10-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I was surprised to see so many folks from Louisiana. Nice to meet you all.

sdetoro59, no we haven't done any fly fishing down here. I grew up closer to Lake Pontchartrain and Lake Maurepas, and used to go fishing out there and down in the marshes, but never did much offshore fishing. Since I moved to Kentwood, all we do is pond and lake fishing...so it's mostly catfish, bass, and perch.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome!