PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Louisville, Ky

Grampajac
10-24-2007, 05:19 PM
I new to fly fishing, started about a year ago. Now I'm hooked on it for sure. I'm still learning about this sport, and I hope that all you won't mind me asking for help now and then.

Grampajac

buckeyetrouter
10-24-2007, 06:40 PM
welcome aboard and welcome to the addiction of fly fishing......

ask away on the questions! Regardless of what one may see on the news, there are alot of really good people in this great United States......and I would stack this message board group up there with the best of them. You will get plenty of suggestions and wisdom from the sharing people here......

buckeyetrouter

irfishing
10-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Amen to what buckeyetrouter posted.
Join in and ask all the questions you want. There are some really good and knowledgeable folks on this board and they are willing to share.

Where do you fish and for what species are you most interested?

Grampajac
10-25-2007, 03:31 PM
I've been learning to cast at the local county park lakes.. I've been coming to the Smokies for quite a few years now. I hope next Oct. to fish for trout there.

Grampajac

cardfly
10-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey Grampajac,

Great to see someone else from the 'ville. I started fly fishing in the spring and have lost my mind. I have gone to Otter Creek and Elkhorn Creek several times. Been to the Smokies twice with the second time going to the beginners class at LRO and it was a great experience.

I'm heading back to the Smokies in November.

Welcome and everyone on the board has been more than willing to help out in any way they can.

jeffnles1
10-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Quite a collection of Kentucky folks gathering on this board.

Jeff
(Florence, KY)

old fly fisherman
11-01-2007, 09:14 PM
I am the old fly fisherman from carter co ky or about ten miles out of morehead ky, there are plenty of places to fly fish for trout some tail water some stream fishing, but i still love the smokys the best:smile:

cardfly
11-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey Louisville crew and those in the general area of Louisville,

EP Tom Sawyer park and Tom Wallace lake in Jefferson Memorial Forest both stocked about 4000 rainbow trout this week. I went to Tom Wallace and got 6 in about an hour. Each was for 8 to 10 inches.

Not the cunning wild trout that we all prize but fun none the less.

Grampajac, I left a couple in there for you... :smile: