PDA

View Full Version : Caney Fork Sluice?

monktrout
10-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Hoping to fish the Caney on Friday. It appears from the generation schedule and flow report that the sluice is over. Does anyone know?

Grumpy
10-25-2007, 07:24 PM
They are still running the sluice with the generator, they have been running from 11 AM-1PM the past few days at 5100cfs that's a generator & sluice gate at once, schedule looks the same for the rest of the week, being the CORPS who knows:confused:

Grumpy

monktrout
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks Grumpy. I'll consider other options. Maybe Nov.will be back to normal on the Caney. I fished it during the sluice ,before the added generation, around Betty's Island. Fish were there, but not a great wading/fishing experience.

David Knapp
10-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Grumpy, how's the fishing been when the water is off? Are the fish confused because of the big swings in flow or still feeding well in between? I'm thinking of hitting the river Sunday morning for a few hours since its been so long...I really miss fishing on that river as I haven't fished it since August:frown: ...and for that matter I miss fishing in general. I've got to fish more often...:biggrin:

Grumpy
10-26-2007, 10:24 AM
It's fishing good, the fish have been a little confused, falling water has been terrific, a lull once it falls, then it picks back up a bit later, midges, scuds PT'S in small sizes have been the ticket.

Grumpy

David Knapp
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks Grumpy!!!