PDA

View Full Version : TU License Plates

Byron Begley
11-02-2007, 05:43 PM
The sale of TU license plates is starting off slow. I just talked to Dick Davis from the Cumberland Chapter in Nashville. So far we have only sold 202. We must sell 1,000 for the plates to be made by June of next year. The extra cost is only $35 and it is tax deductible as a donation. Paula and I orderd ours months ago. 90% of the money derived from the sale of these plates stays in Tennessee for Trout projects. Please don't let this opportunity slip away. If you live in another state and can't use the plate your $35 donation counts so please consider that.

www.tuplate.org

Thank you,

Byron

Byron Begley
12-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Great post Byron.

But did you know that as of today we have pre-sold only 275 plates. I bet people are waiting until the last minute. We'll sell 1,000 for sure. But we're making Dick Davis nervous by procrastinating. This will be a huge fund raising tool for trout fishing in Tennessee. We don't want this opportunity to slip away.

Byron

ttas67
12-17-2007, 02:09 PM
considering knox county has the added wheel tax, that'd push my plates to almost $100 a year. although I think the plates are great, it's just too much for me. I wonder if this is not a deterrent for some others.

tennswede
12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Trevor!

I have been thinking along the same lines, If I understand it it is every year also. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a one time $35 extra.

Byron Begley
12-17-2007, 07:26 PM
That is a lot of money especially if you pay a wheel tax. I didn't know Knox County has one. However, it's my understanding that Friends of the Smokies raises $1/2 Million through the sale of license plates. I also understand that the $35 is tax deductible. Maybe the wheel tax is too. I don't know for sure. Ask your accountant. But you guys are both right, that could be a deterrent. I feel good about it because a lot of money will go to trout fishery programs in Tennessee. I look at it more as a donation. And I think it would look cool on my old truck.

Byron

tennswede
12-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Byron!

You are right it's not really about the money, anyone who can fly fish year round like me can afford it, it's just that I think Knox County residents are a little hesitant with a wheel tax on top of it. I will try to pitch in when it will get closer to spring. I'm in the middle of starting up my fly tying again and man I will not have any spare cash until April for all the fly tying stuff I will buy. LOL.

Elk riverrat
12-17-2007, 11:13 PM
if people that can afford it would only buy them one time, all we need as I understand is the 1000 to get the plates pressed, then after that you don't have to renew to keep it going, correct me if I'm wrong.

I had a Smokies tag for a few years and let it go, I still see them?

tennswede
12-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Unless I missed the whole deal, you do have to pay $90 every year to get tags, the extra $35 is due every year for having the special plate.

PeteCz
12-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Hans, you are correct, you have to pay $35 extra each year you have them. However, we only need to presell 1000 this year. Once they go into production you can opt-out the following year and go back to the standard plates.

I've sent mine in...I fished brookie streams about 20 times this year, its the least I could do to help out...that's less than $2 a visit, I'm going to consider it an annual parking fee:biggrin:

Vern
12-18-2007, 02:02 PM
I have the Friends of the Great Smokey mountians and tennessee wildlfie federation plates, in davidson county cost its @ 76 for regular tags the 35 extra for the special plate. $111 give or take a couple of dollars. and this is every year. Most of us are members of some conservation group with a yearly membership, this is the same sort of thing. I am personaly a member of The Great smokey mountian assc, TU, FFF, NRA, TWF and there may be others I can't think of. You are not giving the extra money to the state but to whatever group you are supporting. My problem is if I get the TU plate who do I quit supporting? I may change the TWF to the TU plate. But have not decided yet.

Byron Begley
12-18-2007, 05:19 PM
OK, here's a new incentive. Dick and I have been talking about ways to increase license plate sales. Jim Mauries who owns Fly South in Nashville is working on this too. We are going to try and get every fly shop and large fishing store involved.

Here's the deal. Starting January 1st through March 31st if you buy a License Plate you will get a certificate good for $10 at all participating stores. The information will be on the website: www.tuplate.org. If you buy online you will show your Paypal receipt and get ten bucks off. If you order through the mail you will get a $10 certificate that you can redeem at all participating stores. I'm going to call the stores in East Tennessee and get them to participate. We are hoping that this will help.

Dick did verify that the entire $35 is deductible as a donation.

Byron

Rockyraccoon
12-18-2007, 06:06 PM
That's an awesome incentive Byron. You guys always step up to the plate when called on and that's so much of why everyone considers LRO the best flyshop in the country.

donwinn
12-18-2007, 06:41 PM
I second Rocky's comments. It could not have been stated any better. The fly shops will certainly give up more margin through this deal than I will give up paying the $35. I have not completed the application yet. So, I will wait for word from Byron.

Byron Begley
12-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks Rocky and Don,

I just talked to Dick. We have several stores signed on. More will come in a week or so. Hold off until January 1 to buy your tag and make sure the information is on the TU website. Also, some stores will have conditions attached such as $10 off on a $25 dollar purchase. That way we can get more shops to sign on. And, who can go into a fly shop or a big store and spend less than $25 bucks anyway. Not me!

If you work in a store that sells fishing tackle to trout anglers call me and I'll tell you how to participate. We don't want to leave anyone out. 877-448-3474

Byron

Jswitow
12-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Great News on the coupon! I have already signed up for one, I am going to sign up for the old Wagoneer as well. We really need to get this done. Don't we have close to 7,000 TU members in this state?
Merry Christmas!
John

Rockyraccoon
12-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't think the numbers are quite that high. For some reason I'm thinking more along the lines of 1500 - 2000 members.

However, Dick was really hoping to sell some plates to non members as well, seeing how there are a lot of non members who still enjoy fishing for trout. Fly and spin fishing alike, TU member or not, everyone can sport a cool looking plate on their trout wagon.

I was also told that non Tenn residents who enjoy fishing in Tenn, while not eligible to have a plate, could still make a $35 donation to TN TU and it would count as a plate sell.

nvr2L8
12-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I was planning on buying a plate anyway but this makes it doubly sweet. Just an affirmation that our local fly shops (with LRO in the lead) care as much about fishing as they do selling. Thanks, Byron.

Flyfishjeep
12-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Byron,
Do you have a new total on the number of plates sold? If things are close I will talk my wife into getting one for her car. She is not big on having a fish license plate but if it comes down to me not having one I don't care what she says. Just don't tell her I wrote that.

wmwalker
12-27-2007, 12:01 AM
I hope it works out for everyone. I think it is great to have a TU plate on your vehicle and what all it helps in our sport. I have TU 266 on my truck here in Georgia.
Wyatt

Vern
02-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Just Looked at the information on the web site, 300 sold, thats better but still not great. I signed up too soon, 1/6/2009, i guess i missed out on the $10 but i was going to sign up anyway.

Fishermansfly
02-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm sure you have someone you can contact to find out how close the goal is to being met. I've looked at the same number for quite some time now! I ordered mine the other day and I wanted to bring this back to the top of the threads to make sure people were aware they've only got till March 31'st to get thier order in for the new plate....I really hope it happens it would go towards such a great cause....What's really funny about it, is the simple fact that it's struggling to take off....If it were hanging on the wall as a plate you could get right now, people who don't even know what a brook trout is would buy it, just for the simple fact it's a "PRETTY" plate!

Anyway....I did say I ordered mine the other day, and was quite frustrated after ordering it....I did it online, kept messing up, and finally it went through...After going through it said something about the Cumberland Trout Unlimited Chapter.....So now I'm thinking my contribution went towards them instead of the Little River Chapter! Huh, oh well! It's all going to somewhere I'd prefer to see my money anywho! I also plan on a few trips to the Caney this year, so I feel like I probably put it in the right place by accident!

Anyway it ends up, I hope to proudly display mine on my beater soon! It will be the nicest attribute my poor car has going for it!

~Brett

ttas67
02-17-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm starting to think NC loves their fishermen more. cheaper lic, cheaper "back the brookie" plates. and they only have to presale 300. check it out:

http://www.flyfishingnc.com/the-news/latest-news/back-the-brookie-license-plate.php

tennswede
02-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Trevor!

Yes, you are on to something. I don't want to sound that I don't value our resources and I would like to support TU and a lot of other venues with monetary support if I could. The problem is not to sacrifice some money for this one time. The problem for me and many others is that some counties have dramatically raised their tag fees and or added wheel taxes we didn't have before. The tags and tax in Knox County for an example went from $24 dollars to $60 overnight. I think $95 dollars a year for a specialty plate is too much. Call me stingy or whatever but with two or more vehicles to pay for and with gas going to $3.50 gal this summer as anticipated by most experts it's getting to be a drag. I fond my self limiting my fishing choices last year due to costs. I realize this is probably a good thing for the environment, but it is not a good thing for the economy nor the local fly shops I pass on my way to the river. Sorry for being negative but I don't see this plate thing happening for most Tennesseans who live in counties with horrendous wheel taxes.

JimmyC
02-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Just received an email about the plates. A very quick reply (something I have been quite fond of when dealing with anyone involved in the fly fishing industry, TU or others) and here's what I was told. Of course I'm hoping Dr. Davis won't mind me posting this email ... and I ordered mine too soon, no 10 bucks off for me =(

James,

First, thanks for purchasing the plate and supporting the TU specialty plate. We try to update www.tuplate.org (http://www.tuplate.org/) , but it is a month behind.

Second, we have sold 425 as of this writing or 42.5 % of our goal. We have to presell 1,000 plates by June 30, 2008. Once we submit a check to the Dept of Safety, they will put the plate into production. It will take them 4-6 mos before your county clerk will notify you the plate is ready for pickup. An unused license time on your present plate will be prorated.

If do not sell the 1,000 plates by the deadline, your money will be refunded. We have a lock box and escrow account for the TU plate money separate from other TU funds.

We had an article in the winter issue of TROUT. I'm hoping to reach all 2,500 TU members in the state with that article in TROUT magazine and persuade those who are procrastinating in buying the plate to support our fishery conservation efforts to move forward to benefit not only the present generation, but future generations to come. You can help us by encouraging friends and family to buy a plate for conservation.

If you would like to directly help in soliciting other TU members in your chapter to buy the plate, please contact me by e-mail and we'll set at time to talk and derive an effective strategy to reach them and bring them on board.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you soon and please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Dr. Dick Davis, President
Trout Unlimited Cumberland Chapter # 181
4913 Tyne Valley Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37220-1531
H-615-297-3508
C-615-477-8936

Rockyraccoon
02-18-2008, 05:22 PM
I think $95 dollars a year for a specialty plate is too much.

Hey Hans,

I understand the money crunch thing.

But one point I'd like to make is that this can be looked at as a one time thing. A one time donation in the name of a hobby we all love.

After TU reaches the goal of 1000 plates this year, it's a go. TU wouldn't have a minimum to sell each year. So people could go back to the cheapest tag they can find.

So, people can just look at it as a one time donation that you can write off as a donation. A win win.

Then our TU chapters and in turn our rivers and streams will benefit for years to come.

tennswede
02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Rocky!

I understand your point, but the problem is that it is not a one time thing. In order to keep the plate it's $95 a year. I would like to have that kind of tag every year but I'm not willing to do it for that kind of cost. Sorry. It's not TU's fault but our wheel tax is too high in Knox County. I know I could easily look at it as a one time deal but I don't want to pay $95 dollars every year for tags. I put in sweat equity to TU and I'm going to do the same for FFF. I have driven several times to TU's Hiwassee clean up and the gas have cost close to the cost of the plate. The problem is that it is just not a voluntary thing for me to pay$95 for the tags. Tu is getting $17.50 of that. The rest I guess is going to all kinds of other baloney. I'm sorry for being grumpy about this but I'm not pretending to like this and everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm sad to say I won't buy an overpriced tag. I will however continue to support TU and FFF with labor and not much money but at least I'm doing something.

Btw, Long time no see Rocky. Which river are you on nowadays?

Rockyraccoon
02-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey Hans,

By no means was I trying to imply that your not doing anything to help. I, and everybody else who knows you also knows of your efforts.

The point I was making was not directed totally at you either.

I was just stating that for this first year, TU needs to sell 1000 plates. Once they reach that goal, all is good and TU can continue making money on tags well into the future no matter how many TU sells in the future.

For all of us that buy a tag this year, we can easy just buy a regular tag next year. Nothing would obligate us to buy another TU tag next year.

That's why I was saying that it can be looked at as a one time donation.

As for the fishing, I've been working the Hi, Holston, and Cumberland for the most part. Get a few days on the Clinch here and there.

tennswede
02-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Rocky!

I was afraid that my post could be interpreted the wrong way. I didn't take your comment as a remark on what I do or don't do for different organizations. I was merely trying to make a point for all the people out there who feel everything is a money racket nowadays. I guess I didn't make it clear enough that I'm not offended by your post or anyone else's for that matter. What I did try to say is that I'm getting a little tired of all the costs and all the emphasis on funds from members. I'm not trying to stir anything up, but am I the only one who is tired of this. I would buy the plate if it was more reasonable. I guess I feel that TU and others need to understand that they can make some people tired with all this. One good example is the membership renewals. I have renewals coming up every year in May. I receive the first notice in December along with solicitations for money. I then receive at least three more of these letters. TU should be able to figure out that I will send in my check a couple of weeks in advance of my due dates. They can save the postage and paper/environment by only sending out one renewal form or better yet do it electronically. If I don't want to renew I won't. No amount of junk mail can change my mind. My point is, less is better sometimes.

Didn't mean to rant here and Rocky, I'm not better than anyone else. I just help out now and then, pay my regular dues to TU and FFF, and that will do for now. I'm hoping to get down to the HI early March. Hopefully the generators are cooperating.

Vern
02-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Hans I think the sme as you do, with two kids in private school money is tight, TU is always sending me junk mail wanting more money. Right now my volenteer work has been mostly for the Knights of Columbus, 6 years as an officer and they want me to run for 4th degree office. In june I finaly step down as an trustee and I have decided to spend my volenteer time toward the FFF club. If I had a paycheck for the hundreds of hours with the KofC I would be a rich man. But my son is very intrested in the enviromentand I have a chance to teach him something that I realy care for. That being said what little money I do give mostly goes in some way to the park, other than money I give to my church, my wife has the GSMNP plate on her 03 Durango, I am doing the 4 year payment plan for lifetime member ship in the Great Smokey mountian Assn. and I did buy one of the TU Plates for my 96 Nissan PU. one thing to remember is that when you pick up your tag they prorate it for the next year. Last time I did this i recieved an extra 4-6 months on my tag. We all decide where our money goes for you it's not the plate and I respect that. But for me it's one of the ways I give.

Elk riverrat
02-19-2008, 11:52 PM
I've been a life member of TU since May 16th 1986 and TU is always trying to get me to sign up as a member. I'd like to have a dollar for all the invites I get, could buy a fine rod.

Ole President Cauvin's bow tie is probably to tight.

Maurer
03-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Okay, I know I'm a procrasternator, but I did it on company time ;). Ordered my plate. The site says we are only 45% there. Lets all get together on this and get that darned plate to go. Plus it just looks cool.

nvr2L8
03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Got my application sent in this week as well.

Fishermansfly
03-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Yes, I too procrastinated and ordered mine about a month ago! However, reading through I see some dislike to the cost's of the plate...First off it's considered a donation if i'm not mistaken...Second I don't know who all does your taxes, but all of it is one big write off anywho! Regardless of the cost you know exactly where the proceeds are going provided you are an active TU member....of which I am not yet!

I will say this yet again...I don't think it will just be us trout finatics buying this plate...Someone is gonna see it, think it looks good, think it matches the colors of thier car, or is just plain "pretty" and spend the money on it not knowing that the money is actually going somewhere good!

There is 2500 TU member's, so can someone tell me why we haven't reached that goal yet...Someone please just tell me all trout fisherman procrastinate! I want this tag on my vehicle...

~Brett

tennswede
03-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Brent!

Not wanting to start an argument but as I said previously. Knox County raised the price of our tags from $24 a year to $60 a year. Add the TU tag and it's $95 a year. I know it can be considered a donation but you can't deduct the entire $95. I think you can deduct the portion that goes to TU $17.50. I just don't like the idea of paying $95 a year for a tag, TU or not. I just do some sweat equity for TU instead.

Don't want to sound smart on this but there are TU members who are actively involved in their programs who doesn't necessarily like the $95 for the plate. I know it's mostly the local government but it's $95 never the less.

Fishermansfly
03-09-2008, 04:56 PM
No, no, no! Argument...insue's. No all joking aside, the plate's proceeds can be deducted at the end of the year as a deduction. As for the rest of the plate, since were already long forming it, you can deduct the cost of registration from you taxes as well. Making all $95.00 deductable! You can do it for as many plates/registration's that you own. No, I'm not trying to start an argument nor do I know how or what the TU chapter's member's do, or donate prior too their purchase of a plate! I don't doubt for a second you guys don't like the $95.00 for a plate, as I don't like those numbers for a pretty plate either. I just like the thought of every body elses money who doesn't have anything to do with fishing paying for TU's endevours!

I hope it happens! I think everyone will reap the benifits of it!
~Brett

tennswede
03-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Brett!

That's interesting, my research has shown that you can only deduct $17.50 as that is the proceeds to a non profit. The rest is tax and registration to the state. I haven't found anywhere that you can deduct that on federal returns. I need to do some more research. Regardless, I'm sorry I won't be contributing to this plate. We all have to make our own priorities I guess.

As for who does what and why for a non profit: I was merely showing my frustration with TU I guess not so much about anyone's personal interest in a plate or not. I'm getting kind of tired that everything is about money. I know TU has to do what others do, but I wish they will start saving by stopping all these ridicouolus mass maililngs. I receive a mailing from TU just about every month. If it's not about life membership it's for renewals. I will send in my payment when my renewal is up in May. I won't pay it in December and TU can stop sending a notice every month. If they keep sending enough of em' I leave the darn organization.

I'm sorry for my ranting but I am tired of junk mail and constant asking for money, oh the phone rings, the local college want's money since they have only raised tuition 15% every year for a decade. LOL

PeteCz
03-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Hans, I'm not a tax attorney, but according to taxcut.com (where I filed my taxes) you should be able to deduct the entire amount. State taxes are deductible on your federal taxes. I don't know if you use software or do it yourself, but using a tax program has saved me thousands of dollars (I'm not kidding, thousands...). I didn't realize that state taxes and many other things were deductible, plus if they make a mistake they will pay the difference and fines (if any) to the IRS on your behalf. Its just too hard keeping up with the tax laws...

I also agree about TU. I'd like to see them spend less on mass membership drive mailings and more on what they are trying to do as an organization.

That said, I already applied for a plate...
;)

Fishermansfly
03-09-2008, 06:10 PM
See I guess that's where I don't get frustrated, I'm not a member. However as you already know I am a member of FFF. It actually took them forever to mail me my first subscription. Either way, I do understand your frustration, now seeing it from the other side of the fence.

As for the federal return, I went back and checked with my tax program...Seeing as I don't ever fool with it, I seem to have misled several people with my last post. I use TurboTax and never fool with putting in my registration fee's, but it always asks. I went back and took a long look at it, it seems as if Tennessee is not included in that circle of states that take registration fees as deductions. So Hans, you are correct. It would only be a cetain amount of that donation that would be available for deduction!

Sorry for the confustion folks!

As for the plates, I hope it happens but it's not looking good!

Han's I appreciate the argument, LOL, I learned something!

~Brett

tennswede
03-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Pete!

As Brett found out, you can't deduct but the amount going to TU in TN. $17.50 fore each plate.

Brett!

Sorry that it took so long for FFF to get your stuff out. It looks like they should hire some of the mail people TU uses.LOL.

Anyway, I'm not upset with anyone or feel a need to harp about it. I'm just not going to pay $60 for the plate. The plate looks good and I'm sorry if it's not going to happen. I blame it all on a couple of local politicians in this crooked town Knoxville, Blount county seem to be a more civilized place every day to live in.

Stonefly
03-31-2008, 11:04 PM
I ck'd www.tuplate.org (http://www.tuplate.org) just now and 540 have been sold. Have to get to 1000 by June 30.

sb

Elk riverrat
04-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Tennswede,

if you would like a tag, I'll pay the $35 for you. If you don't want to renew, use it to decorate the tying area.

I've already purchased more tags than I have vehicles for. Like you, don't know if I will buy it ever year, but I'd like it to be available for the ones that do.

I'm in the Cumberland chapter and it's unreal how much sweat Dr. Davis has put into this project. That is one dedicated gentleman.

tennswede
04-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the offer but no thanks. I have the money the deal is that I don't like the cost of it. I'm not going to rehash it here again but the state could be more accomodating and not setting such a high bar of 1000 plates. It feels like blackmail to me. The other part of it is how much the state get vs TU but like I said this is just a political debate which I'm not going to go in to.

I hope the plate becomes a reality but in it's current form I'm not going to support it. That's all I'm going to say in the matter, and I'm not offended by anyones opinion.

Elk riverrat
04-02-2008, 05:10 PM
I understand where you are coming from. Heard today that TN is considering Toll roads, now ain't that grand, will scare you what they are getting in tax off the gas to start with that is being "misused".

I'd say the Smallmouth fishers have us out numbered 100 to 1 and if I remember correctly they almost didn't meet their 1000 tags either.

500 would be more like it instead of a 1000.

Byron Begley
04-18-2008, 08:09 PM
I've been in the printing business since 1973. I can tell you one thing that applies to any type of printing or manufacturing. It costs a lot less per unit to make several hundred thousand than it takes to make one thousand. I bet the State of Tennessee makes more money per plate on your typical run of the mill common plate than they do on these TU custom plates.

Additionally, you can write off the $35 fee on your Federal Income Taxes as a donation according to Dick Davis. (I wrote my check to Trout Unlimited a non-profit organization for two plates). If you don't want to deduct it then don't. I haven't talked to my accountant about it but I presume that the first round is a writeoff. We are making a contribution to get a fund raising program going. If it's not deductible, I won't. I bet it is.

$17.50 goes to trout conservation in our state. Do the math and maybe you will agree that it's not a bad deal.

Byron

tennswede
04-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Byron!

You can't deduct the $35 dollars on a federal return. Only the donation which is $17.50. Regardless, it's not the point. The point is that $95 for a tag in Knox County is too high. With gas being $4 soon, I'm considering giving up on this sport all together. Most people here in East TN doesn't have the wages or the means to keep this up in this inflationary economy. Needless to say I'm fed up. Never in my life did I think I had to experience the same distress as I did in Europe a decade and a half ago. U.S.A. used to have low cost of living. Not anymore. With a dollar on par with banana republic currency and inflation soon hitting 8% on a yearly basis, we won't be arguing about a TU plate for much longer.

tire guy
04-18-2008, 10:19 PM
I have not walked in the footsteps of the previous contributor, however the cost of living in East Tennessee is far less than most places domestic or abroad. The expense of the plate is not the issue, the issue is support of the sport and the Trout Fishing community. I for one do not care if there is a deduction for $17.50. I give to charities for their benefit and my own gratification. My order was placed months ago and if they do not produce the plates my money will stay with TU. I do not make a lot so it is not like there is extra lying around, especially with 2 girls in 2 different colleges.
I have read this conversation for months now and like the one about why fly shops close and it comes to to living with choices. If you choose to buy off the internet because of price then do not complain when a shop closes. If ya don't want a plate then do not be so negetive about it so others will help reach the goal. That is all I have to say about that.
Since I have gone this far THANKS to LRO for the web site I enjoy it very much. I just wish you were closer to Knoxville cause I liked brousing around the Creel for stuff and to kill time. Scott also knows some good jokes.

Byron Begley
04-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Brian,

I called Scott on Wednesday. We did a lot of laughing as usual. He has an exceptional sense of humor. He was getting ready to clean a 20 pound wild turkey that he shot that morning.

Byron

Stonefly
04-18-2008, 10:36 PM
I've been paying $74-75 per vehicle for as long as I can remember. I live in Sumner County, near Nashville, and have lived in other states too. Seems like a pretty normal cost to me. Actually some states charge several times that much per year.

Anyway, I sent my check in for the TU plate months ago, w/in days of legislature approval, and I hope enough people come thru in the next month to make it happen.

sb

tire guy
10-13-2008, 07:03 PM
25 to go the web site was updated Oct.14
We are getting close!

Flat Fly n
10-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Gonna be hard giving up my FLYFISH tag, but for the sake of this project I'm throwing it in!

It's a challenge to get this over the top!

irfishing
11-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Message for Cumberland TU this morning noted that only 8 more are needed to reach the required number.

Stonefly
11-15-2008, 03:55 PM
At our local club meeting this week, the word was that the 1000 plates have been sold, and the plates will go into production in next month or so?

sb

Stonefly
12-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Anyone know what happens next, and when? I ck'd http://www.tuplate.org/ just now and can't tell exactly what to expect.

sb

Paula Begley
12-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Steve,

The last I heard the plates will start going out some time in February.

Paula

tire guy
12-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Received an update yesterday on the new plates, it may be found here: http://www.tuplate.org/ The like alos contain a list of FAQ