PDA

View Full Version : Big Grin! New 3 wt

pharmtechfisher
11-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Hello all,

Just wanted to say thanks to the guys that suggested I take my time and research new rods before making the purchase. I ended up, after researching and testing many rods, purchasing a TFO Lefty Kreh Prof. Series 7' 6" 3 wt (4pc) from the LRO. I added a Orvis Battenkill BBS II reel to go along with it - of course birthday money helped. It casts great and is quite different from the Orvis 9' 5 wt. I have used it once so far, but have not caught anything. I hope to catch even a smaller fish because it will probably feel like a bigger one on this rod :biggrin: .

Realtyman
11-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Sounds like you made an excellent decision. My 6 yr old has that same reel on his T&T 2wt 6' model.

Would you mind sharing with us what line you rigged it up with and how's it cast?:biggrin:

nvr2L8
11-03-2007, 10:05 PM
I also got the BBS II to go with my TFO 7'9" 4wt Finnesse recently. Paula set me up with the Orvis Generation 3 WF4 line. I've just had it out a couple of times but the whole rig works great together. I get the feeling that it casts much better than the guy holding it.:redface: